The Best Western Movies Of 2022
The best 2022 western movies tend to give us a dramatized glimpse of what life was like in the wild west. There are also several sub-genres present in this year's top western films. Nope is a horror western that also incorporates sci-fi elements while Redeeming Love is a faith-based dramatic romance western. But if you're in the mood for a new action-western, look for Murder at Yellowstone City starring Gabriel Byrne and Thomas Jane or Desperate Riders with Trace Adkins. Whatever your film you decide to watch, you'll have to get ready for stagecoach rides and gunfights right outside (or inside) the saloon because these are the best western movies 2022 has to offer. Now it's time to decide which one deserves the top spot. You can help decide with your votes.
Vote up your favorite 2022 western movies and vote down any you think other fans of the genre should skip. Then be sure to check back as upcoming and new western movies are added to the list once they're released.
- The once peaceful and booming Yellowstone City has fallen on hard times, but when a local prospector strikes gold, things seem to turn around. However, any hope is soon shattered when the prospector is found dead and the sheriff quickly arrests a mysterious newcomer. As the brutal murders continue, worried residents start to prepare for a final showdown that pits neighbor against neighbor.
- Actors: Gabriel Byrne, Thomas Jane, Isaiah Mustafa, Anna Camp, Aimee Garcia
- Directed by: Richard Gray
Two estranged siblings coming back together to take care of their sick father and dying ranch. Haley Lu Richardson gives a moving performance as a young woman still reeling from tragedy. Horses and vast landscapes pepper this quiet drama.Montana Story is a 2021 American drama film written and directed by Scott McGehee and David Siegel. Two estranged siblings return to their family's ranch in Montana in order to look after their ailing father.
- Actors: Haley Lu Richardson, Owen Teague, Gilbert Owuor
- Directed by: Scott McGehee, David Siegel
- After the Civil War, a former POW moves heaven and Earth to return home to his family only to discover that his wife has died and his children have been presumed parentless, so they have been sent away on an orphan train.
- Actors: Brea Bee, Matt McCoy, Lew Temple, Brad Leland, Emily Shenaut
- Directed by: Brian Presley
An adaptation of the novel by Francine Rivers that was published in 1991. Redeeming Love is a romantic drama of epic proportions, set against beautiful California landscapes during the Gold Rush with exciting perfromances from Abigail Cowen and Tom Lewis.A young couple's relationship clashes with the harsh realities of the California Gold Rush of 1850. Angel, experiencing love for the first time and facing demons that seem unsurmountable, runs from the new life she doesn't think she deserves. When Michael sets out to find her, Angel discovers that she has the power to choose the life she wants.
- Actors: Abigail Cowen, Tom Lewis, Logan Marshall-Green, Famke Janssen, Eric Dane
- Directed by: D.J. Caruso
- Veteran bounty hunter Max Borlund heads deep into Mexican territory to find and return Rachel Kidd, the wife of a wealthy businessman. After learning she actually fled from the abusive marriage, Max faces a choice: finish the job he's been hired to do, or stand aside while ruthless mercenary outlaws and his longtime rival close in on a town that's been his temporary sanctuary.
- Actors: Christoph Waltz, Willem Dafoe, Rachel Brosnahan, Benjamin Bratt, Hamish Linklater
- Directed by: Walter Hill
Jordan Peele is back with another horror hit with the sci-fi western Nope. Daniel Kaluuya and Keke Palmer play siblings and owners of Haywood Hollywood Horses and ranch, who notice mysterious happenings on their land. This genre-bending spectacle is sure to get your heart pumping and you jumping out of your seat.A man and his sister discover something sinister in the skies above their California horse ranch, while the owner of a nearby theme park tries to profit from the mysterious, otherworldly phenomenon.
- Actors: Daniel Kaluuya, Keke Palmer, Steven Yeun, Brandon Perea, Michael Wincott
- Directed by: Jordan Peele