Here are the best artists and bands from Wyoming. Covered with beautiful landscapes, Wisconsin is one of the most sparsely populated states in the country, but that hasn't stopped it from producing some outstanding musical talent. This list has the most popular musical artists from Wyoming who have made impressions in their home state and around the globe.
If you love thrashing around in a mosh pit, then you have likely heard of the musical stylings of Teenage Bottlerock. The punk rock group initially formed in Laramie, Wyoming and have toured around the US ever since. Wyoming also has a big country music scene with acts like Spencer Bohren, Chris Ledoux, and Chancey Williams hailing from the Equality State. From punk to country and everything in between, Wyoming residents certainly have eclectic musical tastes.
Did you see any of these famous Wyoming musicians and singers before they made it big? Many of them started in small venues and clubs before they found their audiences. Whether you live in Wyoming or just like music from the area, this list is for you. Vote up the best musical artists from Wyoming, so everyone reading this knows who to listen to next.
Albums: Whatcha Gonna Do With a Cowboy, Under This Old Hat, Songs of Rodeo Life, Haywire, Songs of Rodeo and CountryChris LeDoux (October 2, 1948 – March 9, 2005) was an American country music singer-songwriter, bronze sculptor, and hall of fame rodeo champion. During his career LeDoux recorded 36 albums (many... more
- 5023Chancey Williams (born August 24, 1981) is an American country music singer-songwriter and former saddle bronc rider. He and fellow Wyoming artist and rodeo cowboy Chris LeDoux are the only two... more
Albums: Another Way, Warning Device, Freak Out!, They Came From the Shadows, TotalTeenage Bottlerocket is a punk rock band formed in Laramie, Wyoming in 2001. The band was formed by twin brothers Ray and Brandon Carlisle, following the dissolution of their previous band, Homeless... more
Luke BellCountryLuke Bell is an American country musician and singer-songwriter from Cody, Wyoming, United States. According to Rolling Stone, Bell "... plays classic honky-tonk with a wink and a yodel that summons... more
Jared RogersonJared Rogerson is a singer-songwriter....
- 189Scott Yancey Avett (born June 19, 1976) is one of the lead singers and founding members of the folk-rock band, The Avett Brothers. Avett primarily plays the banjo but also plays harmonica, drums,... more
Ronnie BedfordJazzRonnie Bedford (June 2, 1931 – December 20, 2014) was an American jazz drummer and professor. Born in Bridgeport, Connecticut, Bedford was one of the founders of the Yellowstone Jazz Festival held... more
- 1913Spencer Ward Bohren (April 5, 1950 – June 8, 2019) was an American roots musician, singer, songwriter, teacher, and visual artist. He played guitar, lap steel guitar, banjo, and percussion, and... more
- 148Laurie Anders (January 16, 1922 – October 5, 1992) was an American actress and singer, best known for her work with television personality Ken Murray.... more
Albums: The Fire InsideRighteous Vendetta is an American metalcore band that originated in Wyoming.... more
- 1612Foreverlin is an American Christian alternative indie rock band, and they are from the cities of Cheyenne and Laramie, Wyoming, where the band started making music in 2012. They released, an extended... more
Albums: The Backchannel Broadcast, Shit Out of Luck, Death by Television, The Too Late Show, Stupid WorldThe Lillingtons are a punk rock band from Newcastle, Wyoming. Considered a pop punk act by contemporaries, their sound often draws comparisons from punk pioneers the Ramones.... more
Albums: Moondog, Moondog 2, More Moondog, In Europe, H'art SongsLouis Thomas Hardin (May 26, 1916 – September 8, 1999), also known as Moondog, was an American musician, composer, theoretician, poet and inventor of several musical instruments. He was blind from... more
- 1211Michael "Jag" Jagmin is an American vocalist, notable for being the lead vocalist of post-hardcore band A Skylit Drive and former lead vocalist of metal band Odd Project. Jagmin is well known for the... more
Jeb Loy NicholsJeb Loy Nichols is a Wales-based American-born singer, songwriter, musician, and artist. His music combines elements of soul, country, folk, reggae and blues.... more
Albums: Postcards From Paradise, Ashes, The Changer and the Changed, The Best of Cris Williamson, Country BlessedCris Williamson is an American feminist singer-songwriter, who achieved fame as a recording artist, and who was a pioneer as a visible lesbian political activist, during a time when few who were not... more
Loren DriscollLoren Driscoll (April 14, 1928 – April 8, 2008) was an American tenor who had an active international career from the 1950s through the mid-1980s. Driscoll was particularly noted for his performances... more
- 89Charlie Martineau is an American musician. Martineau is part of the music project Esperik Glare.... more
Fred SanfordFred Sanford (1947–2000) was a percussionist, teacher, composer, and clinician. He is best known for his work in the areas of marching percussion, drum & bugle corps, and marching band. Raised in... more