This list of best yoga apps will help you take your form to the next level. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, there’s something for everyone here. You’ll find many remarkable yoga poses and yoga videos within these apps to help you along your journey.
Yoga is an ancient form of physical, mental, and spiritual discipline that tones the body as well as the mind. Originating in India, the practice of yoga is closely tied to the Hindu religion, becoming a way to focus on the health of the mind and body. Today, yoga is split into two branches; Hatha yoga, which focuses on the purity of the mind and body, and Yoga Sutras, which focus on the discipline of the mind. Yoga made it’s way to the western world in the late 19th century, led by experts known as gurus. Since then it’s become a popular form of exercise worldwide, with proponents in practically every country.
Some studies have suggested that yoga not only provides physical exercise through stretching and muscle control, it may also contribute to healing in patients with many diseases such as cancer and heart disease. Yoga practitioners in the U.S. have reported improvements in the musculo-skeletal system as well as mental health.
Some of these apps also provide another tool that you’ll want as you practice the mental aspect of yoga - a yoga journal. Take the time to write down the things that you’ll experience while practicing yoga and you’ll be able to see the journey unfold right before your eyes. Check out the list to see which app is right for your experience level, and don’t forget to vote!
- Jasmine Torres added
- Play, create, customize and schedule easy-to-follow HD video yoga classes with this special app. Available on iPhone.
- RYS200 addedYoga Teacher Training in India by Rishikesh Yog Dham ,RYS 200, Yoga Alliance USA. offer you residential hatha yoga teacher training course at the world capital of yoga.The course is for yoga learner students who wish to become Certified yoga instructor.After successful completion you can register yourself with Yoga Alliance ,USA and get RYS, Certification.
Rishikesh is rooted deeply in the traditional practices and that is why Rishikesh Yog Dham offers traditional Hath yoga teachers training. The systematic and well planned out residential course will bring to the teacher trainee a wealth of knowledge and insights of the ancient sages. The course offered by Rishikesh Yog Dham is for beginners and intermediary yoga learners. The residential stay encourages you to totally submerge yourself in learning and practicing asanas, pranayama, meditation, cleansing, chanting to build on your experience so you become truly knowledgeable about teaching yoga authentically.Rishikesh Yog Dham is offering you affordable/Inexpensive yoga teacher training course. Inclusion with course - Free accommodation, 3 times meal,local sight seeing and career pathways on to yoga community.
Learning yoga at Rishikesh offers you ample opportunities to unwind and remove the stress that modern lifestyles produce. Besides doing your 200 hour teacher training course at Rishikesh Yog Dham, natural environments of Rishikesh will delight you with its spirituality visible everywhere you go. You will definitely be able to experience the calmness of mind and the inner peace that has been eluding you so far. You will be able to discover yourself in the natural environs of Rishikesh Yog Dham 2014-2015
- Start learning yoga in three easy lessons that are less than 45 minutes long. Available on iPhone.
- Get in some yoga while you're on break at the office! Available for iPhone.
- Deepak Chopra and Tara Stiles bring you a useful, grounded practice and understanding of the authentic teachings of yoga in this polished app. Available on Android and iPhone.