List of the best Betty Grable movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Betty Grable's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Betty Grable movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Betty Grable movies will be at the top of the list. Betty Grable has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Betty Grable movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Betty Grable films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Betty Grable role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Betty Grable performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
Examples include Mother Wore Tights and Let's Go Places."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Betty Grable movies?" and "What are the greatest Betty Grable roles of all time?"
- The story of a naïve young soldier's transformation into a committed patriot, Henry King's wartime romance follows American pilot Tim Baker (Tyrone Power), who somewhat impulsively joins Her ...more
- Lovebirds Vicky Lane (Betty Grable) and Dan Christy (John Payne) make a marvelous Broadway musical team, but Dan's offstage flirtations prompt the duo to split up. Vicky reunites with her old lover ...more
- Frank Burt (Dan Dailey) is a vaudeville performer who drafts young Myrtle McKinley (Betty Grable) for a theatrical production. During a successful run as a stage team, Myrtle and Frank fall in love, ...more
- In this fact-based film, siblings Jenny (Betty Grable) and Rosie Dolly (June Haver) are born in Hungary but, at an early age, emigrate to the United States with their family. Before long, the girls ...more
- In the United States, Glenda Crawford (Betty Grable) buys a horse from Argentinian Ricardo Quintana (Don Ameche), but the sale is canceled when the latter's father, Casiano (J. Carrol Naish), objects ...more
- After his former partner Mike Stanley (Phil Harris) cheats him, Andy Clark (Victor Mature) decides to return to get even. With the intention of ingratiating himself with Mike's lovely star singer ...more
- Eddie Johnson (George Montgomery) and Joe Rocco (Cesar Romero) were once partners in a carnival operation, but Joe tricked Eddie out of his share. In 1905, Eddie, now a promoter, finds his way to ...more
- After discovering she is pregnant, Kitty Moran (Betty Grable) and her husband, Jack (Dan Dailey), are hurt in a car crash. Kitty loses the baby and is told the injuries from the accident may prevent ...more
- From the late 19th century into the 20th century, an area of New York City nicknamed Tin Pan Alley was the heart of the American popular music scene. In this hotbed of creativity, singing sisters ...more
- Call Me Mister is a 1951 musical film released by Twentieth Century-Fox. The feature was directed by Lloyd Bacon and re-written from the 1946 Broadway play version by Albert E. Lewin and Burt Styler ...more
- After losing nearly all of an inheritance to taxes, sisters Kay (Betty Grable) and Barbara Latimer (Carole Landis), waitresses at a drive-in restaurant in Texas, scheme to find rich husbands. With ...more
- To develop her career and better herself, burlesque performer Rosie O'Grady (Betty Grable) moves to London, becomes a star in the musical comedy circuit under the name Madeleine Marlowe and gets ...more
- Frustrated by the perception that her producer husband, Jeff Ames (Macdonald Carey), is solely responsible for her success, Broadway star Delilah Lee (Betty Grable) is further infuriated when Jeff ...more
- In this beloved musical, Mimi Glossop (Ginger Rogers) journeys to England to seek a divorce from her absentee husband. When Mimi meets dashing performer Guy Holden (Fred Astaire), sparks fly, and, ...more
- Joe Davis Jr. (Dick Haymes), a student who dreams of becoming a singer, takes a job at the Diamond Horseshoe nightclub, owned by his father. Joe Sr., preoccupied with convincing his son to stick with ...more
- Schatze Page, Loco Dempsey and Pola Debevoise (Lauren Bacall, Betty Grable, Marilyn Monroe) are three women on a mission: They all want to marry a millionaire. To accomplish this task, they move into ...more
- Sailors "Bake" Baker (Fred Astaire) and "Bilge" (Randolph Scott) have just docked in San Francisco. For Bake, the goal is to get back together with his former flame and onetime dance partner, Sherry ...more
- Glamorous starlet Vicky Lynn (Carole Landis) is murdered, and the cops want to pin the killing on her manager, fast-talking Frankie Christopher (Victor Mature). But the more Vicky's sensible sister, ...more
- In the 1870s, Cynthia Pilgrim (Betty Grable) graduates at the top of her New York City typewriting class. When she moves to Boston to work for a shipping company, she finds that her office is an old ...more
- When My Baby Smiles at Me is a musical film released by 20th Century Fox, directed by Walter Lang and starring Betty Grable and Dan Dailey. This is the third film based on the popular Broadway play ...more
- Beautiful U.S.O. singer and compulsive liar Lorry Jones (Betty Grable) and her best friend leave Montana for war jobs in Washington, D.C. Stopping in New York City along the way, Lorry spins a web of ...more
- The Beautiful Blonde from Bashful Bend is a 1949 romantic comedy Western film starring Betty Grable and featuring Cesar Romero and Rudy Vallee. It was directed by Preston Sturges and written by him ...more
- Song of the Islands is a 1951 musical comedy film directed by Walter Lang.
- Despite the rise of the railroads, in the 1850s the Erie Canal is still a major route for transporting goods. Farmer Dan Harrow (Henry Fonda) takes a canal boat job to save money for his own land. ...more
- Deciding he possesses the talent to perform in a Broadway production, former boxing champion Tommy Lundy (Victor Mature) takes the stage with the same arrogance and bravado he brought to the ring. A ...more