There were some strange deaths that have occurred during the 20th century and these are the most bizarre ways that people passed in the 1900s. The following list includes some the most unusual ways of passing imaginable. There are plenty of strange ways to perish, but these might be the strangest of all — unique and extremely rare circumstances that you can think of.
What are the most bizarre ways famous people have died in the last century? Do you know someone who swallowed a toothpick at a party and then perished because of peritonitis? Did you know about an actress who passed when she fell down a chimney, thinking it was a balcony? If not, read this list of all the unusual deaths of 20th century people who died in strange ways.
A Russian physician, passed following one of his experiments, in which the blood of a student suffering from malaria and tuberculosis was given to him in a transfusion. He thought he was immune to tuberculosis, but his passing came soon after the transfusion.
- Age: Dec. at 54 (1873-1928)
- Birthplace: Sokółka, Poland
- Profession: Physician, Economist, Philosopher
- Cause Of Death: Anaphylaxis, Acute hemolytic transfusion reaction, Blood-borne disease
- Photo: flickr / CC0
A film director passed while shooting the TV miniseries "World War III." Not paying attention, Sagal walked into the rotor blade of a helicopter and was decapitated.
- Age: Dec. at 57 (1923-1981)
- Birthplace: Dnipro, Ukraine
- Profession: Television director, Television producer, Screenwriter, Film Director
- Cause Of Death: Accident
- Photo: George Rinhart / Getty Images
The martial artist and actor passed because of a severe allergic reaction to a pain medicine, Equagesic. His autopsy was written as "[perishing] by misadventure."
- Age: Dec. at 32 (1940-1973)
- Birthplace: Chinatown, California, United States of America
- Profession: Martial Arts Instructor, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Actor, Martial artist
- Major/Field Of Study: Drama
- Cause Of Death: Cerebral edema
Dwyer, the State Treasurer of Pennsylvania, took his own life during a televised press conference in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Facing a potential 55-year jail sentence for alleged involvement in a conspiracy, Dwyer shot himself in the mouth with a revolver.
- Age: Dec. at 47 (1939-1987)
- Birthplace: St. Charles County, United States of America, Saint Charles, United States, with Territories
- Profession: Politician, Teacher
- Cause Of Death: Took own life