Actors Suited To Be Black Panther
Since Chadwick Boseman's debut as Black Panther in Marvel's Captain America: Civil War, it seems like nobody else can play T'Challa as well as he can. In his first standalone movie, Boseman continued to impress fans playing the titular Black Panther character. With the role cast, this list of possible actors to play Black Panther is purely for fun. Hypothetically, if he dropped out of the role, who can play Black Panther as well (or even better) than Boseman?
The best Black actors who are suited to play Black Panther include Hollywood's biggest stars, like Will Smith and Idris Elba, as well as recognizable African-American celebrities like Morris Chesnut and Wesley Snipes. Known for his martial arts background and experience in playing a superhero (Spawn), Michael Jai White also seems perfect for the role. Other actors who would make a great Black Panther include Djimon Hounsou, Omari Hardwick, and Nate Parker.
As of now, Boseman is the perfect Black Panther. However, let's have some fun and vote up those rare actors who could lead the Wakandans, the actors worthy of taking up the mantle of the Black Panther! Who would you like to see in the role? Cast your votes below.
- 1751 VOTES
Chadwick BosemanPhoto: Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0
He landed the part, first appearing in Captain America: Civil War. He then reprised the role in Black Panther and Avengers: Infinity War. Did Marvel Studios make the right decision?
- 2701 VOTESPhoto: Harald Krichel / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 4.0The charm, the grace, the size - he's already practically James Bond, let's make him a superhero, too. This one's easy.
- 3626 VOTESPhoto: David Shankbone / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY 3.0
He's got the dedication in spades, the fan following, and the build, and his fight training and voice don't hurt either.
- 4610 VOTESPhoto: Control Arms / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY 2.0A bit on the older side at this point, but whenever he's in the suit, mask it up and throw a stunt guy in there. He's got poise and grace, a commanding presence, and a powerful voice.
- 5487 VOTESPhoto: Antwone Fisher / 20th Century Fox
A longtime front-runner for the part, Derek Luke has yet to jump onto the superhero bandwagon. He has the build, charisma, and drive to play T'Challa.
- 6564 VOTESPhoto: Gordon Correll / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0
He has a grace and an almost cat-like elegance about him, he certainly comes across as regal, and, most importantly, is an impossibly talented actor.