List of the best Bob Hope movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Bob Hope may best be known for his comedy series The Bob Hope Show, but his filmography is full of delightful movies. Bob Hope's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Bob Hope movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Bob Hope movies will be at the top of the list. Bob Hope has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Bob Hope movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Bob Hope films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Bob Hope role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Bob Hope performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
With films ranging from Road to Utopia to The Lemon Drop Kid, this is a great starting point for a list of your favorites."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Bob Hope movies?" and "What are the greatest Bob Hope roles of all time?" If you are a fan of Hope's humor, you might also enjoy our list of the best Bing Crosby movies and best George Burns movies.
- Ronnie Jackson (Bob Hope) is a lowly baby photographer who secretly fantasizes about being a private detective. When a lovely baroness (Dorothy Lamour) actually mistakes him for one and asks him to ...more
- Tired of working the traveling sideshow circuit in Africa, con men Chuck Reardon (Bing Crosby) and Hubert "Fearless" Frazier (Bob Hope) get tangled up with tycoon Charles Kimble (Eric Blore), who ...more
- Road to Morocco is a 1942 American comedy film starring Bing Crosby, Bob Hope and Dorothy Lamour, and featuring Anthony Quinn and Dona Drake. The film, which was written by Frank Butler and Don ...more
- During the Alaskan gold rush, beautiful young Sal (Dorothy Lamour) travels to Alaska on the trail of the pair of thugs (Nestor Paiva, Robert Barrat) who murdered her father and stole the map to his ...more
- Road to Rio is a 1947 American comedy film directed by Norman Z. McLeod and starring Bing Crosby, Bob Hope, and Dorothy Lamour. Written by Edmund Beloin and Jack Rose, the film is about two inept ...more
- Princess Margaret (Virginia Mayo) flees her father to marry a commoner, but is abducted by notorious pirate The Hook (Victor McLaglen). Also on board the pirate ship is The Great Sylvester (Bob ...more
- Vaudevillian Larry Haines (Bob Hope) sets out for California seeking fame and fortune, but instead he finds himself entangled in a world of intrigue and espionage. On the train ride to the coast, ...more
- Casanova's Big Night is a comedy film starring Bob Hope and Joan Fontaine, which is a spoof of swashbuckling historical adventure films. It was directed by Norman Z. McLeod. Hope plays a tailor who ...more
- To add a touch of English sophistication to her New Mexican estate, Effie (Lea Penman) convinces Humphrey (Bob Hope), a man she thinks is a British butler, to come to the United States in her employ. ...more
- My Favorite Spy is a 1951 comedy film starring Bob Hope and Hedy Lamarr. The movie was directed by Norman Z. McLeod.
- The Lemon Drop Kid is a 1951 comedy film based on the short story of the same name by Damon Runyon, starring Bob Hope and Marilyn Maxwell. Although Sidney Lanfield is credited as the director, Frank ...more
- Ten years after the death of millionaire Cyrus Norman, his will is to be read out to his six relatives, including Joyce Norman (Paulette Goddard) and Wally Campbell (Bob Hope). Organized by Norman's ...more
- Woman troubles bedevil sailors Josh (Bing Crosby) and Ace (Bob Hope), who are both being forced into undesirable marriages. They escape their predicament by running away to Singapore via Hawaii, ...more
- After intrepid working girl Mary Carter (Paulette Goddard) becomes the new owner of a reputedly haunted mansion located on Black Island near the Cuban coast, a stranger (Anthony Quinn) phones to warn ...more
- Calamity Jane (Jane Russell) is working undercover for the U.S. government, trying to capture a gunrunner named Terris (Robert Armstrong) in exchange for a pardon for her previous misdoings. But when ...more
- They Got Me Covered is a 1943 film directed by David Butler.
- Monsieur Beaucaire (Bob Hope) is the barber to France's King Louis XV -- that is, until the royal hairstylist takes up with chambermaid Mimi (Joan Caulfield) and is subsequently banished from the ...more
- Popular vaudeville performer Eddie Foy (Bob Hope) is on a roll when he weds beautiful Italian singer Madeleine Morando (Milly Vitale). The couple has seven children, who are brought up mostly by ...more
- Road to Bali is a 1952 American comedy film directed by Hal Walker and starring Bing Crosby, Bob Hope, and Dorothy Lamour. Released by Paramount Pictures on November 1, 1952, the film is the sixth of ...more
- Son of Paleface is a 1952 Western comedy film directed by Frank Tashlin and starring Bob Hope, Jane Russell, and Roy Rogers. The film is a sequel to The Paleface. Written by Tashlin, Joseph Quillan, ...more
- The S.S. Gigantic competes with the S.S. Colossal in a luxury liner race from New York to France. S.B. Bellows (W.C. Fields), the bumbling brother of the owner of the Gigantic, accidentally wrecks ...more
- Foolish life insurance salesman Milford Farnsworth (Bob Hope) commits his biggest blunder yet when he unwittingly offers a six-figure policy to notorious gunslinger Jesse James (Wendell Corey). ...more
- The Great Lover is a 1949 comedy film starring Bob Hope, Rhonda Fleming, and Roland Young. In the film, a scout leader takes his troop on an ocean cruise, pursues a beautiful duchess and is stalked ...more
- The Hollywood Victory Caravan was a three-week railroad journey of 1942 that brought a number of famous performers across the United States to raise money for war bonds. Along the way there were ...more
- Author A. J. Niles writes about the romance and excitement in the life of a bachelor in a series called "Bachelor Books". One day he finds himself in dire financial straits and needs to write a new ...more