From reality boxing shows to tv series based on boxing legends, popular boxing TV shows have been a staple of television for years. There's often debate about what the most entertaining boxing show of all time is. Don't let your favorite boxing television programs in history get to the bottom of the list- be sure to vote them up so they have the chance to reach the top spot. The list of boxing television shows below includes information like the program's cast, creator and premiere date when available.
This list contains boxing shows like The Big Fight Live and HBO World Championship Boxing and even reality series such as The Contender and boxing documentaries like Mike Tyson: The Knockout.
This list answers the questions, "What is the best boxing show of all time?" and "What are the greatest boxing shows?"
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY110125Hajime no Ippo is a Japanese boxing manga series written and illustrated by George Morikawa. A 76-episode anime adaptation titled Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting! was produced by Madhouse, Nippon Television and VAP, directed by Satoshi Nishimura. It follows the story of high school student Makunouchi Ippo, as he begins his career in boxing and over time obtains many titles and defeats various opponents.... more
- Actors: Tomokazu Seki, Toshiyuki Morikawa, Akemi Okamura, Keiji Fujiwara, Hiroyuki Yoshino
- Premiered: 2000
- Photo: user uploaded image2175
Showtime Championship BoxingShowtime Championship Boxing is a television boxing program airing on Showtime. Debuting in March 1986, it is broadcast live on the first Saturday of every month. Showtime Championship Boxing, which is very similar to HBO World Championship Boxing, features Mauro Ranallo on blow-by-blow, Al Bernstein as the color analyst and Jim Gray as reporter.... more
- Actors: Brian Custer, Mauro Ranallo
- Premiered: 1986
- Photo: user uploaded imageThe Contender is a reality television series that follows a group of boxers as they compete with one another in an elimination-style competition, while their lives and relationships with each other and their families are depicted. Produced by Mark Burnett, the show is hosted by Sugar Ray Leonard, who shared hosting duties in the first season with actor Sylvester Stallone. Leonard also serves as a trainer on the show, along with Tommy Gallagher. During the first season, boxing manager Jackie Kallen also served as counsel to the boxers. The show ran for fifteen weeks through 2005 on NBC in the United States of America. The show ran in the UK on ITV2 and was repeated later in the week on ITV1,... more
- Actors: Sugar Ray Leonard, Sergio Mora, Jeff Fraza, Alfonso Gómez, Juan de la Rosa
- Premiered: April 5, 2018
- Photo: user uploaded imageHBO World Championship Boxing is an American sports television series, premiering in January 1973 that has shown a number of significant boxing events since then. WCB's first event was fought in Kingston, Jamaica, where George Foreman defeated Joe Frazier in two rounds to win the world heavyweight championship.... more
- Actors: Jim Lampley, Michael Buffer, Larry Merchant
- Premiered: 1973