From reality boxing shows to tv series based on boxing legends, popular boxing TV shows have been a staple of television for years. There's often debate about what the most entertaining boxing show of all time is. Don't let your favorite boxing television programs in history get to the bottom of the list- be sure to vote them up so they have the chance to reach the top spot. The list of boxing television shows below includes information like the program's cast, creator and premiere date when available.
This list contains boxing shows like The Big Fight Live and HBO World Championship Boxing and even reality series such as The Contender and boxing documentaries like Mike Tyson: The Knockout.
This list answers the questions, "What is the best boxing show of all time?" and "What are the greatest boxing shows?"
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY110225
Hajime No Ippo
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYFriday Night Fights is a television boxing show, of the American channel ESPN2, that shows a series of live boxing fights on Friday nights, usually at 9 p.m. ET. The program, which debuted in the fall of 1998, is hosted from the ESPN Digital Center studio. This program is presented in high-definition. It also airs on TSN in Canada. Ringside commentary is provided by Joe Tessitore and Teddy Atlas. Previous seasons have featured boxing analyst Max Kellerman alongside Brian Kenny and sportscaster Bob Papa in Tessitore's role ringside with Atlas. Currently, the official name of this program is ESPN Friday Night Fights presented by Just For Men Haircolor. Starting with the tenth season, the... more
- Premiered: 1998
- Photo: uploaded by Bojangles31712
Showtime Championship BoxingShowtime Championship Boxing is a television boxing program airing on Showtime. Debuting in March 1986, it is broadcast live on the first Saturday of every month. Showtime Championship Boxing, which is very similar to HBO World Championship Boxing, features Mauro Ranallo on blow-by-blow, Al Bernstein as the color analyst and Jim Gray as reporter.... more
- Actors: Brian Custer, Mauro Ranallo
- Premiered: 1986
- Photo: uploaded by MikeTondsThe Contender is a reality television series that follows a group of boxers as they compete with one another in an elimination-style competition, while their lives and relationships with each other and their families are depicted. Produced by Mark Burnett, the show is hosted by Sugar Ray Leonard, who shared hosting duties in the first season with actor Sylvester Stallone. Leonard also serves as a trainer on the show, along with Tommy Gallagher. During the first season, boxing manager Jackie Kallen also served as counsel to the boxers. The show ran for fifteen weeks through 2005 on NBC in the United States of America. The show ran in the UK on ITV2 and was repeated later in the week on ITV1,... more
- Actors: Sugar Ray Leonard, Sergio Mora, Jeff Fraza, Alfonso Gómez, Juan de la Rosa
- Premiered: April 5, 2018