List of the best Brendan Gleeson movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Brendan Gleeson's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Brendan Gleeson movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Brendan Gleeson movies will be at the top of the list. Brendan Gleeson has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Brendan Gleeson movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Brendan Gleeson films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Brendan Gleeson role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Brendan Gleeson performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
This list is made up of many different films, including In My Country and The Guard."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Brendan Gleeson movies?" and "What are the greatest Brendan Gleeson roles of all time?"
Notable directors that have worked with Brendan Gleeson include names like Steven Spielberg, Ron Howard and M. Night Shyamalan. Movie fans who love Brendan Gleeson have also been known to enjoy films starring Jim Broadbent and Tom Wilkinson.
- A family confronts a life-altering crisis while vacationing in Portugal.
- An honest and good-hearted priest (Brendan Gleeson) wrestles with a cynical, spiteful community after he receives a death threat from an unknown parishioner.
- After a particularly difficult job, hit men Ray (Colin Farrell) and Ken (Brendan Gleeson) head to Belgium to hide out until things cool down. Ray hates the medieval city they land in, but Ken finds ...more
- Into the West is a 1992 Irish magical realist film about Irish Travellers written by Jim Sheridan and directed by Mike Newell. Into the West was one of several major films to come from Ireland during ...more
- The Guard is a 2011 comedy/thriller film written and directed by John Michael McDonagh. "Sergeant Gerry Boyle, a salty village cop in Ireland, has a subversive sense of humor, a caustic wit, and an ...more
- A group of misguided animal rights activists free a caged chimp infected with the "Rage" virus from a medical research lab. When London bike courier Jim (Cillian Murphy) wakes up from a coma a month ...more
- The General is an Irish crime film directed by John Boorman about Dublin crime boss Martin Cahill, who pulled off several daring heists in the early 1980s, and attracted the attention of the Garda ...more
- Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalist Harrison Lloyd (David Strathairn) is missing on assignment and presumed dead in a far-off country. Refusing to accept this, his wife Sarah (Andie MacDowell) ...more
- Kingdom of Heaven is a 2005 epic historical drama directed and produced by Ridley Scott and written by William Monahan. It stars Orlando Bloom, Eva Green, Jeremy Irons, David Thewlis, Brendan ...more
- Tells the story of the legendary thirteenth century Scottish hero named William Wallace (Mel Gibson). Wallace rallies the Scottish against the English monarch and Edward I (Peter Hanly) after he ...more
- Black Irish is a 2007 drama film written and directed by Brad Gann.
- Francie (Eamonn Owens) has a disastrous childhood and retreats into television and movies to escape the pain. His mother (Aisling O'Sullivan) is suicidal, and his alcoholic father (Stephen Rea) has ...more
- The Raven is a 2012 American mystery thriller film directed by James McTeigue and based on a screenplay by Ben Livingston and Hannah Shakespeare. It stars John Cusack, Alice Eve, Brendan Gleeson and ...more
- Set in the Los Angeles Police Department in 1992, "Dark Blue" is a thriller that takes place just days before the acquittal of four white officers in the beating of black motorist Rodney King and the ...more
- Just released from jail, Git Hynes (Peter McDonald) pays a visit to his best friend, Anto (David Wilmot), and lives to regret it. Git catches Anto being pummeled by gangsters who are collecting on a ...more
- As a baby, Patrick (Cillian Murphy) is left by his mother on the steps of the rectory in their small Irish town. He's discovered by Father Liam (Liam Neeson), coincidentally his real father, and ...more
- Noreen is a 2010 short comedy film written and directed by Domhnall Gleeson.
- The Treaty is a 1991 Irish historical television film directed by Jonathan Lewis. The film is about the Anglo-Irish Treaty that Michael Collins bargained for with the British government in 1921. Low ...more
- Liam O'Leary (Brendan Gleeson) is a prosperous real estate tycoon who lives in Dublin with his wife, Jane (Kim Cattrall). Hoping to bring his profits and his career to new heights, Liam takes out a ...more
- Into the Storm or Churchill at War is a 2009 biographical film about Winston Churchill and his days in office during World War II. The movie is directed by Thaddeus O'Sullivan and stars Brendan ...more
- Chief Warrant Officer Roy Miller (Matt Damon) and his team of inspectors are on a mission in 2003 to find Iraq's reported stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction. Traveling from one dangerous site ...more
- Perrier's Bounty is an Irish crime thriller comedy set in modern-day Dublin. Describing it as an "urban western", sophomore director Ian Fitzgibbon directed the film, which stars Brendan Gleeson, who ...more
- Trojan Eddie (Stephen Rea) sells stolen goods for John Power (Richard Harris), aging godfather of a local network of Irish gypsies, known as "travelers." Having done time rather than inform on his ...more
- In the early 20th century, Michael Collins (Liam Neeson) leads the Irish Republican Army with the help of his friends Harry Boland (Aidan Quinn) and Eamon de Valera (Alan Rickman), in a violent ...more
- The Tragedy of Macbeth is a 2021 American drama film directed by Joel Coen, based on the play Macbeth by William Shakespeare. Macbeth, the Thane of Glamis, receives a prophecy from a trio of witches ...more