List of the best Brendan Gleeson movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Brendan Gleeson's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Brendan Gleeson movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Brendan Gleeson movies will be at the top of the list. Brendan Gleeson has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Brendan Gleeson movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Brendan Gleeson films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Brendan Gleeson role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Brendan Gleeson performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
This list is made up of many different films, including In My Country and The Guard."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Brendan Gleeson movies?" and "What are the greatest Brendan Gleeson roles of all time?"
- A family confronts a life-altering crisis while vacationing in Portugal.
- An honest and good-hearted priest (Brendan Gleeson) wrestles with a cynical, spiteful community after he receives a death threat from an unknown parishioner.
- After a particularly difficult job, hit men Ray (Colin Farrell) and Ken (Brendan Gleeson) head to Belgium to hide out until things cool down. Ray hates the medieval city they land in, but Ken finds ...more
- The Guard is a 2011 comedy/thriller film written and directed by John Michael McDonagh. "Sergeant Gerry Boyle, a salty village cop in Ireland, has a subversive sense of humor, a caustic wit, and an ...more
- This fact-based film begins with the murder of Martin Cahill (Brendan Gleeson), one of Ireland's most infamous and violent criminals. Dying, Cahill reflects on his life -- being raised on the ...more
- Impoverished in Dublin, youngsters Ossie (Ciaran Fitzgerald) and Tito (Ruaidhri Conroy) live with their widowed father (Gabriel Byrne), who drowns his grief in drink. Their grim existence is uplifted ...more
- Tells the story of the legendary thirteenth century Scottish hero named William Wallace (Mel Gibson). Wallace rallies the Scottish against the English monarch and Edward I (Peter Hanly) after he ...more
- Still in grief over his wife's sudden death, village blacksmith Balian (Orlando Bloom) joins his long-estranged father, Baron Godfrey (Liam Neeson), as a crusader on the road to Jerusalem. After a ...more
- A group of misguided animal rights activists free a caged chimp infected with the "Rage" virus from a medical research lab. When London bike courier Jim (Cillian Murphy) wakes up from a coma a month ...more
- Black Irish is a 2007 drama film written and directed by Brad Gann.
- Francie (Eamonn Owens) has a disastrous childhood and retreats into television and movies to escape the pain. His mother (Aisling O'Sullivan) is suicidal, and his alcoholic father (Stephen Rea) has ...more
- Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalist Harrison Lloyd (David Strathairn) is missing on assignment and presumed dead in a far-off country. Refusing to accept this, his wife Sarah (Andie MacDowell) ...more
- In 19th-century Baltimore, Detective Emmett Fields (Luke Evans) makes a horrifying discovery: The murders of a mother and daughter resemble a fictional crime described in a story by Edgar Allan Poe ...more
- Set in the Los Angeles Police Department in 1992, "Dark Blue" is a thriller that takes place just days before the acquittal of four white officers in the beating of black motorist Rodney King and the ...more
- Just released from jail, Git Hynes (Peter McDonald) pays a visit to his best friend, Anto (David Wilmot), and lives to regret it. Git catches Anto being pummeled by gangsters who are collecting on a ...more
- The fourth movie in the Harry Potter franchise sees Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) returning for his fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, along with his friends, Ron (Rupert Grint) ...more
- Liam O'Leary (Brendan Gleeson) is a prosperous real estate tycoon who lives in Dublin with his wife, Jane (Kim Cattrall). Hoping to bring his profits and his career to new heights, Liam takes out a ...more
- 18Noreen is a 2010 short comedy film written and directed by Domhnall Gleeson.
- The Treaty is a 1991 Irish historical television film directed by Jonathan Lewis. The film is about the Anglo-Irish Treaty that Michael Collins bargained for with the British government in 1921. Low ...more
- In the early 20th century, Michael Collins (Liam Neeson) leads the Irish Republican Army with the help of his friends Harry Boland (Aidan Quinn) and Eamon de Valera (Alan Rickman), in a violent ...more
- Into the Storm or Churchill at War is a 2009 biographical film about Winston Churchill and his days in office during World War II. The movie is directed by Thaddeus O'Sullivan and stars Brendan ...more
- As a baby, Patrick (Cillian Murphy) is left by his mother on the steps of the rectory in their small Irish town. He's discovered by Father Liam (Liam Neeson), coincidentally his real father, and ...more
- Chief Warrant Officer Roy Miller (Matt Damon) and his team of inspectors are on a mission in 2003 to find Iraq's reported stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction. Traveling from one dangerous site ...more
- Amsterdam Vallon (Leonardo DiCaprio) is a young Irish immigrant released from prison. He returns to the Five Points seeking revenge against his father's killer, William Cutting (Daniel Day-Lewis), a ...more
- Perrier's Bounty is an Irish crime thriller comedy set in modern-day Dublin. Describing it as an "urban western", sophomore director Ian Fitzgibbon directed the film, which stars Brendan Gleeson, who ...more