What is it about a wedding that turns a sweet, kind, and lovable girl into a crazy, bitchy, down-right insane bridezilla? Redditor bridesmaids have lived to tell the tales and now it's up to you to decide which story is the worst bridesmaid horror story ever.
What’s not to love about a wedding? It’s all stuff of dreams… or horrors if you’re reading through this list of worst bridesmaids nightmares. From a bride requesting that her bridesmaids-to-be gain weight so she looks skinny to ordering to be wiped (yes, that kind), these bridesmaid horror stories will make your jaw drop.
Would you forbid a friend from taking her lupus medication on your big day or forbid any of your bridesmaids from getting pregnant? That’s exactly what the brides on this list of horrible bridesmaids stories did. Asking people to wear a certain color of dress makes sense, but insisting that everyone use the exact same bottle of foundation, eye shadow pallet, and brush? That’s just downright insane, not to mention unsanitary.Before you consider saying "yes" to being a bridesmaid, take a look at this list and vote up the bridesmaid horror stories you think are the worst ever!
The bridesmaid dress she picked out for me was $2,400.
"My college roommate asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding. I agreed. Then the bridesmaid dress she picked out for me was $2400. I couldn't afford it, and gently told her so. I found a pattern for a similar dress and fabric that was the same color and type, so I asked her if it was okay if I made the similar dress, or perhaps we could go dress shopping together to find something in my budget?
All of the bridesmaids were going to be wearing the same color, but she'd picked out different styles of dresses for each of us, so it wasn't as if I would stick out like a sore thumb.
She cussed me out, told me I was ruining her wedding, that her 'vision' required me to wear THAT dress, and can't I just get a credit card to charge the dress on? When I told her no, she cut all contact with me, claiming that if I was a true friend I would make the finances work. She's never spoken to me again. She'd been like a sister to me up until that point.One of the dresses she'd picked out for another bridesmaid was $300, by the way. I was pissed when I found that out."
She ordered me to wipe her.
"She slapped me in the mouth, in the restroom during the reception. She had this massive, billowing explosion of organza as a skirt. It was beautiful, but utterly impractically designed: it took at least three of us to hold up her skirt so she could pee. She had been drinking on an empty stomach, and on the second trip to the rest room with all of us holding this dress up while she hovered drunkenly over a toilet she couldn't see, she ordered me to wipe her.
Ordered. Me. To clean her of urine.
She slapped me.
The skirt was dropped by all parties while I shouted obscenities at her. She screamed that if I didn't do this for her, this friendship was over! Over!
She tried to apologize years later, but seemed surprised when I was not interested in rekindling our friendship," said Redditor isstronglikebull.
We had meetings twice a week for at least three hours each.
- no one was allowed to wear heels because she didn't want anyone to be taller than her. She was already at least 3 inches taller than any girl at her wedding (there were 6 bridesmaids including me)
- no one was allowed to wear false eyelashes except for her...cuz you know, the big puffy white dress doesn't make you stand out enough
- we had meetings twice a week for at least three hours each. (these started six months prior her wedding.)
- everyone in the bridal party had to recite the rundown schedule to prove we got our shit together
- screamed at all the bridesmaids all day long behind the scenes on the wedding day while she pretended to be the best wife/bride ever in front of guests
- wouldn't let us bridesmaids in short dresses (knee high, no sleeves, minimal coverage) wear any outerwear while we were taking pictures outdoors. IT WAS F*CKING SNOWING AND ZERO F*CKING DEGREES OUTSIDE
Oh it doesn't end here. 1 YEAR LATER...
- she hosted a party for her 1 year anniversary and I cooked/cleaned for her all day long while she took the credit for everything. SHE TOLD ME THE PARTY STARTED AT NOON. BUT IT REALLY STARTED AT 6. SHE LIED SO I WOULD ARRIVE EARLY TO SLAVE FOR HER
- one of her friends said I looked familiar (remembered me from her wedding) then she intorduced me as her MOH. Her friend commented on how nice I was to help out with the party. AND I KID YOU NOT SHE SAID "oh, that's what the 'maid' in maid of honor is for"
I wasn't allowed in the wedding because my face would ruin the pictures.
"My stepmother replaced me in her wedding to my father. First she said she wanted my two other sisters and I to be bridesmaids with her daughter. I had a small cooking accident and burned a V pattern on my forehead and had second degree burns up my nose. It was REALLY ugly. Around that time my stepmother informed me that I wouldn't be allowed to be in their wedding because my face would ruin the pictures. Eventually she and my father fought about how rude that was and she decided that NONE of their kids would be allowed AT the wedding. She wanted it to just be her, my father and her parents and brother. We could however go to the reception.I just informed her that I wanted nothing to do with his latest wedding and competed in a school function that day."