What is it about a wedding that turns a sweet, kind, and lovable girl into a crazy, bitchy, down-right insane bridezilla? Redditor bridesmaids have lived to tell the tales and now it's up to you to decide which story is the worst bridesmaid horror story ever.
What’s not to love about a wedding? It’s all stuff of dreams… or horrors if you’re reading through this list of worst bridesmaids nightmares. From a bride requesting that her bridesmaids-to-be gain weight so she looks skinny to ordering to be wiped (yes, that kind), these bridesmaid horror stories will make your jaw drop.
Would you forbid a friend from taking her lupus medication on your big day or forbid any of your bridesmaids from getting pregnant? That’s exactly what the brides on this list of horrible bridesmaids stories did. Asking people to wear a certain color of dress makes sense, but insisting that everyone use the exact same bottle of foundation, eye shadow pallet, and brush? That’s just downright insane, not to mention unsanitary.Before you consider saying "yes" to being a bridesmaid, take a look at this list and vote up the bridesmaid horror stories you think are the worst ever!
She decided I was too fat.
This story comes from Redditor JediKnight1:
"I was once kicked out of my 'friend's' bridal party because she decided I was too fat, and looked horrible in my dress. Note: This was after I threw her a bachelorette party, and she had previously told me how good I looked in the dress. She had the audacity to beg me to come to her wedding so she didn't 'feel bad' I pretty much told her to go to hell, and ended the friendship."
We had meetings twice a week for at least three hours each.
- no one was allowed to wear heels because she didn't want anyone to be taller than her. She was already at least 3 inches taller than any girl at her wedding (there were 6 bridesmaids including me)
- no one was allowed to wear false eyelashes except for her...cuz you know, the big puffy white dress doesn't make you stand out enough
- we had meetings twice a week for at least three hours each. (these started six months prior her wedding.)
- everyone in the bridal party had to recite the rundown schedule to prove we got our shit together
- screamed at all the bridesmaids all day long behind the scenes on the wedding day while she pretended to be the best wife/bride ever in front of guests
- wouldn't let us bridesmaids in short dresses (knee high, no sleeves, minimal coverage) wear any outerwear while we were taking pictures outdoors. IT WAS F*CKING SNOWING AND ZERO F*CKING DEGREES OUTSIDE
Oh it doesn't end here. 1 YEAR LATER...
- she hosted a party for her 1 year anniversary and I cooked/cleaned for her all day long while she took the credit for everything. SHE TOLD ME THE PARTY STARTED AT NOON. BUT IT REALLY STARTED AT 6. SHE LIED SO I WOULD ARRIVE EARLY TO SLAVE FOR HER
- one of her friends said I looked familiar (remembered me from her wedding) then she intorduced me as her MOH. Her friend commented on how nice I was to help out with the party. AND I KID YOU NOT SHE SAID "oh, that's what the 'maid' in maid of honor is for"
She flipped because her grandmother's death "threw off the seating."
I had a friend that threw a temper tantrum, complete with screaming and foot stomping, because her grandmother had the audacity to die a few hours before her wedding. She said it would throw off the seating arrangements, because now there would be a big empty space."
I wasn't allowed in the wedding because my face would ruin the pictures.
"My stepmother replaced me in her wedding to my father. First she said she wanted my two other sisters and I to be bridesmaids with her daughter. I had a small cooking accident and burned a V pattern on my forehead and had second degree burns up my nose. It was REALLY ugly. Around that time my stepmother informed me that I wouldn't be allowed to be in their wedding because my face would ruin the pictures. Eventually she and my father fought about how rude that was and she decided that NONE of their kids would be allowed AT the wedding. She wanted it to just be her, my father and her parents and brother. We could however go to the reception.I just informed her that I wanted nothing to do with his latest wedding and competed in a school function that day."