What is it about a wedding that turns a sweet, kind, and lovable girl into a crazy, and down-right insane bridezilla? Redditor bridesmaids have lived to tell the tales and now it's up to you to decide which story is the worst bridesmaid horror story ever.
What’s not to love about a wedding? It’s all stuff of dreams… or horrors if you’re reading through this list of worst bridesmaids nightmares. From a bride requesting that her bridesmaids-to-be gain weight so she looks skinny to ordering to be wiped (yes, that kind), these bridesmaid horror stories will make your jaw drop.
Would you forbid a friend from taking her lupus medication on your big day or forbid any of your bridesmaids from getting pregnant? That’s exactly what the brides on this list of horrible bridesmaids stories did. Asking people to wear a certain color of dress makes sense, but insisting that everyone use the exact same bottle of foundation, eyeshadow pallete, and blush? That’s just downright insane, not to mention unsanitary.
Before you consider saying "yes" to being a bridesmaid, take a look at this list and vote up the bridesmaid horror stories you think are the worst ever!
From Redditor /u/ILIKETODRINKBBT:
- no one was allowed to wear heels because she didn't want anyone to be taller than her. She was already at least 3 inches taller than any girl at her wedding (there were 6 bridesmaids including me)
- no one was allowed to wear false eyelashes except for her...cuz you know, the big puffy white dress doesn't make you stand out enough
- we had meetings twice a week for at least three hours each. (these started six months prior her wedding.)
- everyone in the bridal party had to recite the rundown schedule to prove we got our sh*t together
- screamed at all the bridesmaids all day long behind the scenes on the wedding day while she pretended to be the best wife/bride ever in front of guests
- wouldn't let us bridesmaids in short dresses (knee high, no sleeves, minimal coverage) wear any outerwear while we were taking pictures outdoors. IT WAS F*CKING SNOWING AND ZERO F*CKING DEGREES OUTSIDE
Oh it doesn't end here. 1 YEAR LATER...
- she hosted a party for her 1 year anniversary and I cooked/cleaned for her all day long while she took the credit for everything. SHE TOLD ME THE PARTY STARTED AT NOON. BUT IT REALLY STARTED AT 6. SHE LIED SO I WOULD ARRIVE EARLY TO SLAVE FOR HER
- one of her friends said I looked familiar (remembered me from her wedding) then she intorduced me as her MOH. Her friend commented on how nice I was to help out with the party. AND I KID YOU NOT SHE SAID "oh, that's what the 'maid' in maid of honor is for"
I am done with her.
From Redditor /u/kidtendomom:
I had a friend that threw a temper tantrum, complete with screaming and foot stomping, because her grandmother had the audacity to die a few hours before her wedding. She said it would throw off the seating arrangements, because now there would be a big empty space.
From Redditor /u/isstronglikebull:
She slapped me in the mouth, in the restroom during the reception. She had this massive, billowing explosion of organza as a skirt. It was beautiful, but utterly impractically designed: it took at least three of us to hold up her skirt so she could pee. She had been drinking on an empty stomach, and on the second trip to the rest room with all of us holding this dress up while she hovered drunkenly over a toilet she couldn't see, she ordered me to wipe her.
Ordered. Me. To clean her of urine.
She slapped me.
The skirt was dropped by all parties while I shouted obscenities at her. She screamed that if I didn't do this for her, this friendship was over! Over!
She tried to apologize years later, but seemed surprised when I was not interested in rekindling our friendship.
From Redditor /u/JediKnight1:
I was once kicked out of my 'friend's' bridal party because she decided I was too fat, and looked horrible in my dress. Note: This was after I threw her a bachelorette party, and she had previously told me how good I looked in the dress. She had the audacity to beg me to come to her wedding so she didn't 'feel bad' I pretty much told her to go to hell, and ended the friendship.