Bucca di Beppo recipes, a helpful guide to preparing your favorite dishes from the Bucca Di Beppo menu at home. These copycat recipes are typically not based on exactly the method used at Bucca Di Beppo, but are modeled closely on the flavor and texture of Bucca Di Beppo's food, making it easier than ever to bring these great tastes to your house for cheap.
Bucca di Beppo is a casual dining chain of southern Italian cuisine restaurants. The name of the chain roughly translates to "Joe's Basement," as buca literally means "hole" (as in basement or cellar) and Beppo is a nickname for Giuseppe, the Italian form of "Joseph." Popular menu items include Penne Basilica, Shrimp Fra Diavolo, and Chianti-Braised Short Ribs. There are more than 90 Buca di Beppo restaurants in the US and UK.
What are Buca di Beppo recipes? This list will provide that answer.
From the cheesy biscuits at Red Lobster to the amazing sauces at Buffalo Wild Wings, it's always tempting to go out for a delicious treat at one of the numerous chain and franchise restaurants dotting the landscape. But eating out at restaurants all the time can be a costly proposition. Not to mention the fact that, at restaurants, you have no portion control, and can't alter the recipes, ingredients or style of cooking to suit your own taste.Making Bucca Di Beppo recipes in your home gives you all of these options, while saving you money, and providing the same great diversity and taste that you'd find at your favorite casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Bucca Di Beppo recipes from around the Web.
1 (8 ounce) package manicotti shells
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons dried basil
2 (26 ounce) jars pasta sauce
- Add manicotti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente, drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix 3 cups mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic, egg, and basil.
- Stuff cooked manicotti with the mixture.
- Spread about 2 cups pasta sauce over the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Arrange stuffed manicotti in the dish.
- Cover with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Continue baking 10 minutes, until mozzarella is melted and bubbly.
1 pound rigatoni or large tube pasta, cooked and drained
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (26 ounce) jar Ragu® Old World Style® Sweet Tomato Basil Smooth Pasta Sauce, divided
- Toss hot rigatoni, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella, ricotta, parmesan and 1/2 jar pasta sauce.
- Turn into 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Evenly pour on remaining Pasta Sauce.
- Bake covered 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and let stand until cheese is melted.
1 French baguette, cut into 1/2 inch thick circles
8 plum tomatoes, diced
1 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 red onion, minced
freshly ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic
- Combine tomato, basil, and red onion in a small mixing bowl.
- Stir well.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Set aside.
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet.
- Place in oven, and bake until well toasted, approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove bread from oven, and transfer to a large serving platter.
- Let bread cool 3 to 5 minutes.
- Rub garlic into the top of each slice of toast.
- The toast should glisten with the garlic.
- Spoon the tomato mixture generously onto each slice.
1 lb lasagna noodle , cooked
2 (16 ounce) jars meatless sauce
1 lb ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 lb mozzarella cheese , sliced thin
3/4 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves , chopped or minced
2 teaspoons salt
2 eggs , beaten
2 lbs ground beef
2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- Drain, keep warm.
- Saute the ground beef, garlic and onion is a large heavy skillet or saucepan until beef is done.
- Add sauce, salt, and Italian seasoning and mix well.
- Simmer on low heat 12-15 minutes .
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs and ricotta cheese.
- Grease a 9" x 12" or larger, baking pan.
- Arrange a first layer of noodles so the ends hang over the sides of the pan.
(The ends will be laid back-over the top for the final layer).
- Then add a layer of the cooked beef lasagna sauce, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Add a second alternating layer of pasta, the meat sauce and cheese mixture.
- Repeat until pan is almost full.
- Fold over the ends of the first layer of noodles and top with more lasagna sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes , or till cheese is bubbly.
- Allow to set for 5-10 minutes before cutting.