This list of the best Burt Reynolds movies is ranked best to worst and includes movie trailers when available. Though the late star started acting in 1958, Burt Reynolds did not receive an Oscar nomination until he appeared in Boogie Nights in 1997. Burt Reynolds's highest grossing movies were huge hits at the box office throughout the '70s and '80s, making him one of the most recognizable actors of all time. The order of this Burt Reynolds movies list is decided by how many votes they receive, so only his most highly rated movies will be at the top.
This list answers the questions, "What are the best Burt Reynolds movies?" and "What are the greatest Burt Reynolds roles of all time?" The greatest Burt Reynolds performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand. Famous flicks like Smokey and the Bandit, Heat, Starting Over, Hustle and Deliverance appear on this Burt Reynolds filmography, but its up to fans like you to decide upon the best. Are you more of a fan of his Westerns or his comedies? If you think the best Burt Reynolds role isn't at the top, then vote it up so it has the chance to become number one.
Notable directors that have worked with Burt Reynolds include names like Uwe Boll, Woody Allen and Paul Thomas Anderson. Movie fans who love Burt Reynolds have also been known to enjoy films starring Lee Marvin and Steve McQueen.
- Four city-dwelling friends (Jon Voight, Burt Reynolds, Ned Beatty, Ronny Cox) decide to get away from their jobs, wives and kids for a week of canoeing in rural Georgia. When the men arrive, they are ...more
- An ex-football star doing time is forced by the warden to organize a team of inmates to play against his own line-up of guards. The warden tries to blackmail him into throwing the game, but the ...more
- Big Enos (Pat McCormick) wants to drink Coors at a truck show, but in 1977 it was illegal to sell Coors east of the Mississippi River without a permit. Truck driver Bo "Bandit" Darville (Burt ...more
- Sonny Hooper (Burt Reynolds) is getting too banged up to remain Hollywood's top stuntman, but he signs up as the stunt coordinator for a big-budget action movie with a pushy director (Robert Klein) ...more
- Easygoing Arkansas good ol' boy Gator McKlusky (Burt Reynolds) is serving his second federal prison sentence for running moonshine when he learns his straight-arrow college graduate brother and his ...more
- A daredevil (Burt Reynolds) and other characters (Roger Moore, Farrah Fawcett) get in their cars and take off on a cross-country race.
- After his release from prison, notorious ex-con and moonshine distiller Gator McKlusky (Burt Reynolds) moves in with his father in a cabin in the Okefenokee Swamp. His bootlegging plans are cut ...more
- An Atlanta vice-squad detective (Burt Reynolds) loves a high-class call girl (Rachel Ward) linked to politics and a mob boss (Vittorio Gassman).
- In the San Fernando Valley in 1977, teenage busboy Eddie Adams (Mark Wahlberg) gets discovered by porn director Jack Horner (Burt Reynolds), who transforms him into adult-film sensation Dirk Diggler. ...more
- Miss Mona (Dolly Parton) runs the Chicken Ranch, a brothel with a long history in a small Texas town. The locals have a good relationship with the institution, and Mona is respected in the community. ...more
- Billy Clyde Puckett (Burt Reynolds) and Marvin "Shake" Tiller (Kris Kristofferson) are professional football players who share a lush Miami apartment with Barbara Jane Bookman (Jill Clayburgh), the ...more
- The body of teenager Gloria Hollinger (Sharon Kelly) is found dead on a Los Angeles beach, and Lt. Phil Gaines (Burt Reynolds) is in charge of the investigation. Gaines learns that the girl, a ...more
- The Last Movie Star is a 2017 American drama film directed by Adam Rifkin. An aging movie star (Burt Reynolds) is forced to face the fact that his glory days are behind him.
- After discovering that he has only months to live, Wendell Lawson (Burt Reynolds) tries to settle issues with his family, including his ex-wife (Sally Field). When he gets little empathy or even ...more
- Heat is a 1986 action-thriller film about an ex-mercenary working as a bodyguard in Las Vegas. The film was written by William Goldman, based on his 1985 novel of the same name. It was directed by ...more
- When his wife, Jessica (Candice Bergen), leaves him for a chance at a music career, Phil Potter (Burt Reynolds) is devastated. He moves from New York City to Boston, joins a club for divorced men and ...more
- When a sheik (Jamie Farr) decides to sponsor a cross-country race in hope of winning, racer J.J. McLure (Burt Reynolds) enters the competition along with his friend Victor (Dom DeLuise). They aspire ...more
- Disgraced pro football quarterback Paul Crewe (Adam Sandler) lands in jail, where manipulative Warden Hazen (James Cromwell) recruits him to advise the institution's team. This turns into a lead role ...more
- When half-breed Indian Yaqui Joe (Burt Reynolds) robs an Arizona bank, he is pursued by dogged lawman Lyedecker (Jim Brown). Fleeing to Mexico, Joe is imprisoned by General Verdugo (Fernando Lamas), ...more
- Exploring the United States in his precious '69 Mustang after his retirement, former CIA assassin Richard Malone (Burt Reynolds) breaks down in a small Oregonian town. He has to cool his heels while ...more
- The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing is a 1973 film directed by Richard C. Sarafian. The screenplay was co-written by Eleanor Perry and William W. Norton, based on the novel of the same name by Marilyn ...more
- When jewelry baron E.J. Hume (Ron Weyand) is robbed of a shipment of uncut diamonds, he hires former pool player and New York City private investigator Shamus McCoy (Burt Reynolds) to track down the ...more
- Folk hero the Bandit has fallen on bad times but comes to life when he is hired to help transport a pregnant elephant to a Republican convention in Dallas. Arch-enemy Sheriff Buford T. Justice ...more
- In 1933, private investigator Mike Murphy (Burt Reynolds) is shocked when his partner, Dehl Swift (Richard Roundtree), is killed by thugs working for Primo Pitt (Rip Torn). Furious, Murphy asks his ...more
- Boston detectives Steve Carella (Burt Reynolds) and Meyer Meyer (Jack Weston) are on the case of an enigmatic crime lord known only as Deaf Man (Yul Brynner), notorious for bombing local politicians. ...more