Intimate Behind-The-Scenes Photos Of The Bush Family Like You've Never Seen Them Before
On November 30, 2018, George H.W. Bush passed away at 94; he was the oldest living former United States president. While the Bush dynasty looms large over American politics, photos of the Bush family prove they are very similar to many other families around the country. Bush family photos show the clan on vacation, posing for the holidays, and enjoying the company of their beloved pets.
From the 1950s onward, the Bush family has played a significant role in US politics as steadfast Republicans. Bush Sr. served as an ambassador, a congressman, and vice president, all before serving as commander-in-chief. These pictures of George H.W. Bush and his family showcase his career through the perspective of those closest to him, painting a different picture than the one most people see on television or in history textbooks.
1. Bush Sr. With His Son George And Wife, BarbaraPhoto: Getty Images/Handout / Hulton Archive/Getty Images
2. Bush Family Photo From 1956Photo: Getty Images/Handout / Hulton Archive/Getty Images
3. Bush Sr. With His Granddaughter On The Presidential PlanePhoto: Time Life Pictures/Contributor / The LIFE Picture Collection/Getty Images
4. Bush Sr. Reading To His GrandchildrenPhoto: Susan Biddle/Contributor / The LIFE Picture Collection/Getty Images
5. Bush Sr. With His Son Neil At A Football Game In 1971Photo: Leonarde McCombe/Contributor / The LIFE Picture Collection/Getty Images
6. Bush Family Portrait At The White House In 1989Photo: David Valdez/Contributor / The LIFE Picture Collection/Getty Images