List of the best Buster Keaton movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Buster Keaton's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Buster Keaton movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Buster Keaton movies will be at the top of the list. Buster Keaton has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Buster Keaton movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Buster Keaton films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Buster Keaton role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Buster Keaton performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
List features films like Go West and Allez Oop."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Buster Keaton movies?" and "What are the greatest Buster Keaton roles of all time?"
- The Goat is a 1921 American short comedy film written, directed by, and starring comedian Buster Keaton.
- One of the most revered comedies of the silent era, this film finds hapless Southern railroad engineer Johnny Gray (Buster Keaton) facing off against Union soldiers during the American Civil War. ...more
- Sole heir Willie McKay (Buster Keaton) journeys by train from New York City to Kentucky to claim his fortune amid a decades-old feud with the Canfield family. En route, he meets and is smitten with ...more
- In this silent classic, photographer Buster (Buster Keaton) meets Sally (Marceline Day), who works as a secretary for the newsreel department at MGM, and falls hard. Trying to win her attention, ...more
- One Week is a 1920 American short comedy film starring comedian Buster Keaton, the first film to be released made by Keaton on his own; Keaton had worked with Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle for a number of ...more
- Steamboat Bill Jr. is a 1928 feature-length comedy silent film featuring Buster Keaton. Released by United Artists, the film is the last product of Keaton's independent production team and set of gag ...more
- Meek millionaire Alfred Butler (Buster Keaton) goes on a camping excursion with his faithful servant (Snitz Edwards). Once in the wilderness, Alfred ignores outdoor activities in favor of trying to ...more
- In this revered silent comedy, the wealthy and impulsive Rollo Treadway (Buster Keaton) decides to propose to his beautiful socialite neighbor, Betsy O'Brien (Kathryn McGuire). Alhough Betsy turns ...more
- Sherlock, Jr. is an American silent comedy film directed by and starring Buster Keaton and written by Clyde Bruckman, Jean Havez and Joseph A. Mitchell. It features Kathryn McGuire, Joe Keaton and ...more
- The Electric House is a 1922 American short comedy film directed by and starring Buster Keaton.
- The Boat is a 1921 American short comedy film written by, directed and starring Buster Keaton. The International Buster Keaton Society takes its name, The Damfinos, from this film.
- Struggling stockbroker Jimmie Shannon (Buster Keaton) learns that, if he gets married by 7 p.m. on his 27th birthday -- which is today -- he'll inherit $7 million from an eccentric relative. But, ...more
- The Blacksmith is a 1922 American short comedy film co-written, co-directed by and featuring Buster Keaton. Buster plays an assistant blacksmith to the big worker played by Joe Roberts, with ...more
- Convict 13 is a 1920 short comedy film starring comedian Buster Keaton. It was written and directed by Keaton and Edward F. Cline.
- An aging silent film queen refuses to accept that her stardom has ended. She hires a young screenwriter to help set up her movie comeback. The screenwriter believes he can manipulate her, but he soon ...more
- Cops is a 1922 comedy short silent film about a young man who accidentally gets on the bad side of the entire Los Angeles Police Department during a parade, and is chased all over town. It was ...more
- Go West is a silent movie starring Buster Keaton. Keaton portrays Friendless, who travels west to try to make his fortune. Once there, he tries his hand at bronco-busting, cattle wrangling, and dairy ...more
- The Playhouse is a 1921 silent short film written, directed by, and starring Buster Keaton. The movie runs for 22 minutes, and is most famous for an opening sequence in which Keaton plays every role.
- The Scarecrow is a 1920 American short comedy film starring comedian Buster Keaton. It was written and directed by Keaton and Edward F. Cline. The runtime is 19 minutes. One of the more memorable ...more
- The Frozen North is a 1922 American short comedy film directed by and starring Buster Keaton. The film is a parody of early western films, especially those of William S. Hart. The film was written by ...more
- The Haunted House is a 1921 short comedy film starring comedian Buster Keaton. It was written and directed by Keaton and Edward F. Cline. The runtime is 21 minutes. One of the more memorable ...more
- The Saphead is a 1920 American comedy film featuring Buster Keaton. It was the actor's first starring role, on the recommendation of Douglas Fairbanks, in a full-length feature and the film that ...more
- Le Roi des Champs-Élysées is a 1934 French comedy starring Buster Keaton. This French-made film has Keaton playing two roles, as an aspiring actor, and as an American gangster. A closing gag has the ...more
- Out West is a 1918 short comedy film, a satire on contemporary westerns, starring Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle, Buster Keaton, and Al St. John. It was the first of Arbuckle's "Comique" films to be filmed ...more
- The story begins during a massive traffic jam, caused by reckless driver Smiler Grogan (Jimmy Durante), who, before kicking the bucket, cryptically tells the assembled drivers that he's buried a ...more