Carino's Italian recipes, a helpful guide to preparing your favorite dishes from the Carino's Italian menu at home. These copycat recipes are typically not based on exactly the method used at Carino's, but are modeled closely on the flavor and texture of Carino's Italian food, making it easier than ever to bring these great tastes to your house for cheap.
Carino's is a chain of casual dining restaurants based in Austin, TX. The menu offers traditional American Italian cuisine, including steak, chicken, and seafood dishes in pastas and soups. Boasting a "made from scratch" approach to cooking, Carino's Italian desserts range from mini cheesecake to tiramisu.
From the cheesy biscuits at Red Lobster to the amazing sauces at Buffalo Wild Wings, it's always tempting to go out for a delicious treat at one of the numerous chain and franchise restaurants dotting the landscape. But eating out at restaurants all the time can be a costly proposition. Not to mention the fact that, at restaurants, you have no portion control, and can't alter the recipes, ingredients or style of cooking to suit your own taste.
Making Carino's Italian recipes in your home gives you all of these options, while saving you money, and providing the same great diversity and taste that you'd find at your favorite casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Carino's recipes from around the Web.Check out more lists like the essentials everyone should have in their kitchen, most inspirational cooking magazines and the tastiest Chinese food.
Baked Cheese TortelliniPhoto: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License
Olive oil- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2 cups marinara sauce
1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 pound purchased cheese tortellini
2 ounces thinly sliced smoked mozzarella
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Lightly oil an 8 by 8 by 2-inch baking dish.
- Whisk the sauce, mascarpone cheese, parsley and thyme in a large bowl to blend.
- Cook the tortellini in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add the tortellini to the sauce and toss to coat.
- Transfer the tortellini mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Top the mixture with the smoked mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover and bake until the sauce bubbles and the cheeses on top melt, about 30 minutes.Would you try this?
Chicken BalsamicoPhoto: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (see note in intro)- On a hard surface with meat mallet, lightly pound chicken to 1/4-inch.
2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 garlic cloves , minced
4 teaspoons butter
- Place the breasts/tenders in a zipper-lock bag (unsealed) before pounding (if doing so, ONLY use a flat-surface mallet -- not one with ridges).
- Sprinkle lemon-pepper seasoning evenly on both sides of chicken.
- Press to adhere.
- In a large frying pan, pour oil.
- Heat to medium temperature.
- Add chicken breasts and cook, turning once, about 7 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- If substituting tenders, cook approximately 2-3 minutes per side, or until done.
- Remove chicken to warm serving platter (keep warm).
- In medium bowl, mix together vinegar, broth and garlic.
- Add to frying pan.
- Cook over medium-high heat (scraping up brown meat bits) about 2-4 minutes or until mixture is reduced and syrupy.
- Add butter; stir to melt.
- Place chicken on serving dish and spoon sauce over chicken.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs and cherry tomatoes.Would you try this?
Timballo - Chicken Sausage or Com
1 pound fresh pasta sheets
1/4 cup butter, melted, plus 1/4 cup
Basic tomato sauce, recipe follows
2 cups 1/4-inch diced mozzarella
Bechamel sauce, recipe follows
Ground veal, recipe follows
1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook the pasta sheets in boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Shock the pasta in cold water.
- Lay the pasta out onto a clean kitchen towel and dry.
- Take 1/2 of the melted butter and coat the bottom a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan.
- Place a layer of pasta to cover bottom of pan.
- Ladle a thin layer of tomato sauce over the pasta.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 of the mozzarella.
- Add another layer of pasta sheets over the cheese.
- Ladle a thin layer of bechamel sauce over the pasta.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the ground veal and 1/4 of the Parmigiano evenly over the bechamel.
- Repeat layering, until there are 3 layers of each.
- Add the final layer of fresh pasta and cover top layer with the remaining mozzarella, veal, Parmigiano and tomato sauce. - Finally, ladle the remaining 1/4 cup of melted butter over the top and cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
1/4 cup onion, diced fine
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 (14-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 to 8 leaves fresh basil
- Saute the onion in olive oil until brown.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Crush tomatoes with a fork as they soften.
- Season with salt and pepper and add basil.
- Simmer for about 1 hour.
6 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring the milk to a simmer in a saucepot.
- In a saute pan, combine the melted butter with the flour to make roux.
- Whisk the milk into the roux. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat .
- Set aside.
Ground Veal:- Melt the butter in a saute pan.
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 pounds ground veal
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Add the veal and cook until brown and cooked through.
- Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Drain off excess liquid.
- Set aside.Would you try this?
Baked Stuffed MushroomsPhoto: Metaweb / CC-BY
10 large fresh mushrooms- Cut the stems of the mushrooms and scoop out the centers.
1 can crab meat (drained)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Finely chop stems and centers.
- Combine the crab meat and mayonnaise (as you would for tuna salad).
- Add whatever seasonings you like (I use "Pinch of Herbs") to taste.
- Add in chopped stems and centers.
- Add in cheese.
- Stuff into mushroom cups and place under the broiler for 5-7 minutes.Would you try this?