List of popular Carl Maria von Weber operas, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This Carl Maria von Weber operas list includes the names of all Carl Maria von Weber operas, so if you're an opera lover you might recognize many of these historic operas. This famous Carl Maria von Weber operas list contains various bits of information, such as what language they were composed in and what genre the popular Carl Maria von Weber opera falls under. There are a lot of well-known Carl Maria von Weber operas out there so this list is a great way to learn about the ones you haven't heard of before.
This list has a variety of composers in it, from Der Freischütz to Peter Schmoll und seine Nachbarn.
This list answers the question, "Which operas did Carl Maria von Weber write?"If you're writing a research paper about historic Carl Maria von Weber operas then this is the perfect jumping off point to find out which famous operas were composed by Carl Maria von Weber.
- Abu Hassan is a comic opera in one act by Carl Maria von Weber to a German libretto by Franz Carl Hiemer, based on a story in One Thousand and One Nights. It was composed between 11 August 1810 and... more
- Der Freischütz, Op. 77, J. 277, is a German opera with spoken dialogue in three acts by Carl Maria von Weber with a libretto by Friedrich Kind. It premiered on 18 June 1821 at the Schauspielhaus... more
- Die drei Pintos is a comic opera of which Carl Maria von Weber began composing the music, working on a libretto by Theodor Hell. The work was completed about 65 years after Weber's death by Gustav... more
- Euryanthe is a German "grand, heroic, romantic" opera by Carl Maria von Weber, first performed at the Theater am Kärntnertor, Vienna on 25 October 1823. Though acknowledged as one of Weber's most... more
OberonOberon, or The Elf King's Oath is a 3-act romantic opera in English with spoken dialogue and music by Carl Maria von Weber. The libretto by James Robinson Planche was based on a German poem, Oberon,... more
- Peter Schmoll und seine Nachbarn is the third opera by Carl Maria von Weber and the first for which the music has survived. It was written in 1802 when the composer was only 15 and premiered in... more
- Silvana, J. 87, is an opera by Carl Maria von Weber, first performed in Frankfurt am Main on 16 September 1810. The libretto, by Franz Carl Hiemer, is a reworking of an earlier, unsuccessful opera by... more