List of the best Carmen Miranda movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Carmen Miranda's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Carmen Miranda movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Carmen Miranda movies will be at the top of the list. Carmen Miranda has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Carmen Miranda movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Carmen Miranda films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Carmen Miranda role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Carmen Miranda performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
This list below has everything from That Night in Rio to Springtime in The Rockies."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Carmen Miranda movies?" and "What are the greatest Carmen Miranda roles of all time?"
- Week-End in Havana is a 1941 Fox Technicolor musical film directed by Walter Lang. The movie stars Alice Faye and Carmen Miranda. It was the second of three pictures the two stars made together and ...more
- Lovebirds Vicky Lane (Betty Grable) and Dan Christy (John Payne) make a marvelous Broadway musical team, but Dan's offstage flirtations prompt the duo to split up. Vicky reunites with her old lover ...more
- Best friends Judy (Jane Powell) and Carol (Elizabeth Taylor) compete for the affections of an older man (Robert Stack) during their high school dance. As Carol tries to rekindle Judy's relationship ...more
- The night before his deployment in World War II, wealthy heir Andy Mason (James Ellison) falls in love with Eadie (Alice Faye), a beautiful cabaret singer. The two hit it off, but Mason fails to ...more
- A theater producer hires Nancy (Jane Powell) to star in his Rio de Janeiro-based show, but neglects to tell Nancy's superstar mother, Frances (Ann Sothern), that she's been replaced. Both believing ...more
- In this musical, Larry Martin (Don Ameche) entertains crowds with his skillful impersonations of airline czar Baron Manuel Duarte (also Ameche). When Duarte and his wife visit Larry during his act, ...more
- Accident-prone busboy Myron Mertz (Jerry Lewis) and his suave nightclub-crooner pal, Larry Todd (Dean Martin), get caught up in both a gangland slaying and a mystery involving the comely Mary Carroll ...more
- In the United States, Glenda Crawford (Betty Grable) buys a horse from Argentinian Ricardo Quintana (Don Ameche), but the sale is canceled when the latter's father, Casiano (J. Carrol Naish), objects ...more
- Copacabana is a 1947 American musical comedy film starring Groucho Marx and Carmen Miranda. The film is a showcase for Miranda, who performs several numbers in her usual style, including a ...more
- Desperate for money, a swing band led by Earl Gordon (Harry James) gets a job working for a political campaign, playing at rallies for the candidate, Darius J. Magonnagle (Edgar Buchanan). Political ...more
- Four Jills in a Jeep is a 1944 film starring Kay Francis, Carole Landis, Martha Raye, and Mitzi Mayfair as themselves, re-enacting their USO tour of Europe and North Africa during World War II.
- Three cousins (Carmen Miranda, Michael O'Shea, Vivian Blaine) must travel to Kentucky to claim Magnolia Manor, a plantation they have inherited. They are disappointed to find it in shambles. But ...more
- Doll Face is a 1945 American film directed by Lewis Seiler starring Vivian Blaine as "Doll Face" Carroll. The film is also known as Come Back to Me in the United Kingdom.
- Greenwich Village is a 1944 film from Twentieth Century Fox directed by Walter Lang. It stars Carmen Miranda and Don Ameche.