Celebrities Born On Cinco De Mayo
Here are all the famous people who were born on May 5th, Cinco de Mayo. Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican celebration meant to mark the 1862 Mexican victory at the Battle of Pueblo, and there are a surprising number of celebrities born on Cinco de Mayo. Celebs who have May 5 birthdays range in artistic mediums and achievements, but can all share their unique date of birth as a fun fact about themselves.
Who are some celebrities born on May 5th? Famed singer Adele was born on the date, as was hip hop artist Chris Brown. The late Tammy Wynette, a legend of the country music scene, was also born on the date. Other famous people born on Cinco de Mayo include Craig David, Henry Cavill, and Danielle Fishel.
Curious about other celebrities with Cinco de Mayo birthdays? Browse this list to learn more.
- Adele Laurie Blue Adkins (born 5 May 1988) is an English singer-songwriter. After graduating from the BRIT School in 2006, Adele signed a recording contract with XL Recordings. In 2007, she received the Brit Awards Critics' Choice award and won the BBC Sound of 2008 poll. Her debut album, 19, was released in 2008 to commercial and critical success. It is certified eight times platinum in the UK, and three times platinum in the US. The album contains her first song, "Hometown Glory", written when she was 16, which is based on her home suburb of West Norwood in London. An appearance she made on Saturday Night Live in late 2008, boosted her career in the US. At the 51st Grammy Awards in 2009, ...more
- Birthplace: Tottenham, London, United Kingdom
- Born: 05-05-1988
- Christopher Maurice Brown (born May 5, 1989) is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, actor and entrepreneur. Born in Tappahannock, Virginia, he was involved in his church choir and several local talent shows from a young age. Having signed with Jive Records in 2004, Brown released his self-titled debut studio album the following year. It peaked at number two on the US Billboard 200 and was later certified double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), selling an overall three million copies worldwide.With his first single "Run It!" peaking atop the US Billboard Hot 100, Brown became the first male artist as a lead since Diddy in 1997 to have his debut single top ...more
- Birthplace: Tappahannock, Virginia, United States of America
- Born: 05-05-1989
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / CC-BYHenry William Dalgliesh Cavill (; born 5 May 1983) is a British actor. He began his career with roles in the feature adaptations of The Count of Monte Cristo (2002) and I Capture the Castle (2003). He later appeared in supporting roles in several television series, including BBC's The Inspector Lynley Mysteries, ITV's Midsomer Murders, and Showtime's The Tudors. He has since appeared in numerous major Hollywood films, such as Tristan & Isolde (2006), Stardust (2007), Blood Creek (2009), and Immortals (2011). Cavill gained prominence and international recognition for portraying Superman in the DC Extended Universe, starring in Man of Steel (2013), Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), ...more
- Birthplace: Jersey, Channel Islands
- Born: 05-05-1983
- Photo: Wally McNamee/Contributor / Corbis Entertainment/Getty ImagesTammy Wynette (; born Virginia Wynette Pugh; May 5, 1942 – April 6, 1998), was an American country music singer-songwriter and one of country music's best-known artists and biggest-selling female singers. Wynette was called the "First Lady of Country Music", and her best-known song, "Stand by Your Man", is one of the best-selling hit singles by a woman in the history of country music. Many of her hits dealt with classic themes of loneliness, divorce, and the difficulties of life and relationships. During the late 1960s and early 1970s, Wynette charted 20 number-one songs. Along with Loretta Lynn and Dolly Parton, she is credited with having defined the role of women in country music during ...more
- Birthplace: Bounds, Mississippi, United States of America
- Born: 05-05-1942
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainKarl Marx (German: [ˈkaɐ̯l ˈmaɐ̯ks]; 5 May 1818 – 14 March 1883) was a German philosopher, economist, historian, sociologist, political theorist, journalist and socialist revolutionary. Born in Trier, Germany, Marx studied law and philosophy at university. He married Jenny von Westphalen in 1843. Due to his political publications, Marx became stateless and lived in exile with his wife and children in London for decades, where he continued to develop his thought in collaboration with German thinker Friedrich Engels and publish his writings, researching in the reading room of the British Museum. His best-known titles are the 1848 pamphlet, The Communist Manifesto, and the three-volume Das ...more
- Birthplace: Trier, Germany
- Born: 05-05-1818
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / CC-BY-2.5Craig Ashley David (born 5 May 1981) is an English singer, songwriter, rapper, DJ and record producer who rose to fame in 1999, featuring on the single "Re-Rewind" by Artful Dodger. David's debut studio album, Born to Do It, was released in 2000, after which he has released a further five studio albums and worked with a variety of artists such as: Tinchy Stryder, Big Narstie, Kano and Jay Sean. David has 20 UK Top 40 singles, and seven UK Top 40 albums, selling over 15,000,000 records worldwide as a solo artist. David has been nominated for fourteen Brit Awards: five times for Best British Male, and twice received a Grammy Award nomination for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance.
- Birthplace: Southampton, United Kingdom
- Born: 05-05-1981