Here are all the famous people who were born on May 5th, Cinco de Mayo. Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican celebration meant to mark the 1862 Mexican victory at the Battle of Pueblo, and there are a surprising number of celebrities born on Cinco de Mayo. Celebs who have May 5 birthdays range in artistic mediums and achievements, but can all share their unique date of birth as a fun fact about themselves.
Who are some celebrities born on May 5th? Famed singer Adele was born on the date, as was hip hop artist Chris Brown. The late Tammy Wynette, a legend of the country music scene, was also born on the date. Other famous people born on Cinco de Mayo include Craig David, Henry Cavill, and Danielle Fishel.
Curious about other celebrities with Cinco de Mayo birthdays? Browse this list to learn more.
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainAdele Laurie Blue Adkins (born 5 May 1988) is an English singer-songwriter. After graduating from the BRIT School in 2006, Adele signed a recording contract with XL Recordings. In 2007, she received the Brit Awards Critics' Choice award and won the BBC Sound of 2008 poll. Her debut album, 19, was released in 2008 to commercial and critical success. It is certified eight times platinum in the UK, and three times platinum in the US. The album contains her first song, "Hometown Glory", written when she was 16, which is based on her home suburb of West Norwood in London. An appearance she made on Saturday Night Live in late 2008, boosted her career in the US. At the 51st Grammy Awards in 2009,... more on Wikipedia
- Birthplace: Tottenham, London, United Kingdom
- Born: 1988-05-05
- Photo: Tibrina Hobson / Getty ImagesChristopher Maurice Brown (born May 5, 1989) is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, actor and entrepreneur. Born in Tappahannock, Virginia, he was involved in his church choir and several local talent shows from a young age. Having signed with Jive Records in 2004, Brown released his self-titled debut studio album the following year. It peaked at number two on the US Billboard 200 and was later certified double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), selling an overall three million copies worldwide.With his first single "Run It!" peaking atop the US Billboard Hot 100, Brown became the first male artist as a lead since Diddy in 1997 to have his debut single top... more on Wikipedia
- Birthplace: Tappahannock, Virginia, United States of America
- Born: 1989-05-05
- Henry William Dalgliesh Cavill (; born 5 May 1983) is a British actor. He began his career with roles in the feature adaptations of The Count of Monte Cristo (2002) and I Capture the Castle (2003). He later appeared in supporting roles in several television series, including BBC's The Inspector Lynley Mysteries, ITV's Midsomer Murders, and Showtime's The Tudors. He has since appeared in numerous major Hollywood films, such as Tristan & Isolde (2006), Stardust (2007), Blood Creek (2009), and Immortals (2011). Cavill gained prominence and international recognition for portraying Superman in the DC Extended Universe, starring in Man of Steel (2013), Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016),... more on Wikipedia
- Birthplace: Jersey, United Kingdom, with Dependencies and Territories
- Born: 1983-05-05
- Photo: Wally McNamee/Contributor / Corbis Entertainment/Getty ImagesTammy Wynette (; born Virginia Wynette Pugh; May 5, 1942 – April 6, 1998), was an American country music singer-songwriter and one of country music's best-known artists and biggest-selling female singers. Wynette was called the "First Lady of Country Music", and her best-known song, "Stand by Your Man", is one of the best-selling hit singles by a woman in the history of country music. Many of her hits dealt with classic themes of loneliness, divorce, and the difficulties of life and relationships. During the late 1960s and early 1970s, Wynette charted 20 number-one songs. Along with Loretta Lynn and Dolly Parton, she is credited with having defined the role of women in country music during... more on Wikipedia
- Birthplace: Bounds, Mississippi, United States of America
- Born: 1942-05-05