This list includes information on famous people born on Labor Day loosely ranked by fame and popularity. Several famous actors, musicians and politicians were born on Labor Day. While these celebrities all have Labor Day birthdays some are born on different dates as the holiday is always observed on the first Monday of September.
Who will you find on this celebs with Labor Day birthdays list? Evan Rachel Wood lands in the top spot. The Westworld actress was born on September 7, Labor Day 1987. Wood has appeared in several movies and TV series including The Wrestler, True Blood, and Thirteen. Naomie Harris of Moonlight fame also has a Labor Day birthday, September 6, 1976.
Pink Floyd bassist Roger Waters has been very vocal in supporting working men and women all over the world so it is a happy coincidence that he was born on Labor Day 1943. Other famous people with Labor Day birthdays include Carly Fiorina, Jungkook from BTS, Eazy-E, Garrett Hedlund, Lara Pulver, Buddy Holly, and Rocky Marciano.
Are you surprised that there are so many famous Labor Day birthdays? Take a look at this list and get in on the conversation in the comments section.
- Charles Hardin Holley (September 7, 1936 – February 3, 1959), known professionally as Buddy Holly, was an American musician and singer-songwriter who was a central and pioneering figure of mid-1950s rock and roll. He was born in Lubbock, Texas, to a musical family during the Great Depression, and learned to play guitar and sing alongside his siblings. His style was influenced by gospel music, country music, and rhythm and blues acts, which he performed in Lubbock with his friends from high school. He made his first appearance on local television in 1952, and the following year he formed the group "Buddy and Bob" with his friend Bob Montgomery. In 1955, after opening for Elvis Presley, he... more
- Age: Dec. at 23 (1936-1959)
- Birthplace: Lubbock, Texas, USA
- Born: 1936-09-07
- Photo: rocor / FlickrEvan Rachel Wood (born September 7, 1987) is an American actress, model, and musician. She is the recipient of a Critics' Choice Television Award as well as three Primetime Emmy Award nominations and three Golden Globe Award nominations for her work in film and television. Wood began acting in the 1990s, appearing in several television series, including American Gothic (1995–96) and Once and Again (1999–2002). Wood made her debut as a leading film actress at the age of nine in Digging to China (1997) and garnered acclaim for her Golden Globe-nominated role as the troubled teenager Tracy Freeland in the teen drama film Thirteen (2003). Since 2008, Wood has appeared in more mainstream films,... more
- Age: 28
- Birthplace: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States of America
- Born: 1987-09-07
- Photo: flickr / CC0George Roger Waters (born 6 September 1943) is an English songwriter, singer, bassist, and composer. In 1965, he co-founded the progressive rock band Pink Floyd. Waters initially served solely as the bassist, but following the departure of songwriter Syd Barrett in 1968, he also became their lyricist, co-lead vocalist, and conceptual leader. Pink Floyd achieved international success with the concept albums The Dark Side of the Moon (1973), Wish You Were Here (1975), Animals (1977), and The Wall (1979). By the early 1980s, they had become one of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful groups in popular music; by 2013, they had sold more than 250 million albums worldwide.... more
- Age: 77
- Birthplace: Great Bookham, United Kingdom
- Born: 1943-09-06
- Photo: DFree / ShutterstockGarrett John Hedlund (born September 3, 1984) is an American actor, model, and singer. His films include Friday Night Lights (2004), Troy (2004), Four Brothers (2005), Eragon (2006), Country Strong (2010), Tron: Legacy (2010), On the Road (2012), Inside Llewyn Davis (2013), Unbroken (2014), Pan (2015), Mudbound (2017), and Triple Frontier (2019).... more
- Age: 36
- Birthplace: Roseau, Minnesota, United States of America
- Born: 1984-09-03