Celebrities Born On 9/11
Here are all the famous people who were born on September 11th. It's not easy to share a birthday with a day now synonymous with one of the worst tragedies in American history, and these celebrities born on 9/11 have the unfortunate burden of being born on this particular September day. Imagine the burden of inviting friends out for drinks and cringing just slightly when mentioning the date. Celebrities born on 9/11 range in terms of talents and accomplishments, but they all share that difficulty.
Who are some of the most famous people born on 9/11? Empire actress Taraji P. Henson has a 9/11 birthday, as does rapper and Fast and Furious actor Ludacris. Other celebrities born on September include director Brian de Palma, electronic music DJ Kygo, musician Harry Connick Jr., and actor John Hawkes.
To learn more, browse this list of celebs who have September 11 birthdays.
- Photo: Jason Meritt / Getty ImagesTaraji Penda Henson ( tə-RAH-jee; born September 11, 1970) is an American actress and author. She studied acting at Howard University and began her Hollywood career in guest roles on several television shows before making her breakthrough in Baby Boy (2001). She received praise for her performances as a sex-worker in Hustle & Flow (2005), for which she received a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture nomination; and as a single mother of a disabled child in David Fincher's The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008), for which she received Academy Award, SAG Award and Critics Choice Award nominations for Best Supporting Actress. In 2010 she ...more
- Birthplace: Washington, D.C., USA
- Born: 09-11-1970
- Joseph Harry Fowler Connick Jr. (born September 11, 1967) is a Grammy and Emmy-award winning American singer, composer, actor, and television host. He has sold over 28 million albums worldwide. Connick is ranked among the top 60 best-selling male artists in the United States by the Recording Industry Association of America, with 16 million in certified sales. He has had seven top 20 US albums, and ten number-one US jazz albums, earning more number-one albums than any other artist in US jazz chart history.Connick's best-selling album in the United States is his Christmas album When My Heart Finds Christmas (1993). His highest-charting album is his release Only You (2004), which reached No. 5 ...more
- Birthplace: New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
- Born: 09-11-1967
- Photo: Toglenn / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 3.0Christopher Brian Bridges (born September 11, 1977), known professionally as Ludacris (), is an American rapper and actor. Ludacris is the founder of Disturbing tha Peace. Ludacris has won Screen Actors Guild, Critic's Choice, MTV, and 3 Grammy Awards. Along with fellow Atlanta-based rappers Big Boi and André 3000 of OutKast, Ludacris was one of the first and most influential "Dirty South" rappers to achieve mainstream success during the early 2000s. In 2014, Ludacris was featured in Forbes list titled "Hip-Hop Cash Kings", as he earned $8 million.Born in Champaign, Illinois, Ludacris moved to Atlanta at age nine, where he began rapping. After a brief stint as a DJ, he released his first ...more
- Birthplace: Champaign, Illinois
- Born: 09-11-1977
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / CC-BY-SA-2.0Virginia G. Madsen (born September 11, 1961) is an American actress and producer. She made her film debut in Class (1983), which was filmed in her native Chicago. She later moved to Los Angeles. In 1984, David Lynch cast her in the science fiction film Dune (1984) as Princess Irulan. Madsen was cast in a series of successful teen movies, including Electric Dreams (1984), Modern Girls (1986), and Fire with Fire (1986). She is most known for her role as Helen Lyle in the horror film Candyman (1992); and for her performance as Maya in Alexander Payne's film Sideways (2004), for which she received numerous awards and nominations, including nominations for the Golden Globe and the Academy Award ...more
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
- Born: 09-11-1961
- Photo: Frazer Harrison / Getty ImagesRichard Melville Hall (born September 11, 1965), better known as Moby, is an American musician, songwriter, singer, producer, and animal rights activist. He has sold 20 million records worldwide. AllMusic considers him to be "among the most important dance music figures of the early 1990s, helping bring dance music to a mainstream audience both in the United Kingdom and the United States". In 1989 he moved to New York City and became a prolific figure as a DJ, producer, and remixer. His 1991 single "Go" was his mainstream breakthrough, reaching No. 10 in the United Kingdom. Between 1992 and 1997 he scored eight top 10 hits on the Billboard Dance Club Songs chart including "Move (You Make Me ...more
- Birthplace: Harlem, New York City, New York, United States of America
- Born: 09-11-1965
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYElizabeth Frances Henstridge is an English actress. She has starred in the ABC television series Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. since it debuted in 2013.
- Birthplace: Sheffield, England, UK
- Born: 09-11-1987