Celebrities Who Grew Up in Families of Actors
List of Celebrities in Actor Families ranked by fame and popularity. Many people take up the family business and actors are no different. Several celebrities come from a long lineage of Hollywood stars. Some famous people embrace their family's legacy, while others change their names to step outside of their parent's shadows.
Who is the most famous celebrity from an acting family? Jennifer Aniston tops our list. The “Friends” actress was married to Brad Pitt. Her parents are the soap star John Aniston and television actress Nancy Dow. Pitt and Aniston divorced in 2005. Pitt is now in a serious relationship with Angelina Jolie and Aniston is engaged to her "Wanderlust" co-star Justin Theroux. Other famous females who come from acting families include Drew Barrymore, Julia Roberts and Zooey Deschanel.
"The Godfather" director Francis Ford Coppola's sister is "Rocky" actress Talia Shire. His children are "The Outsiders" producer Gian-Carlo Coppola, writer/producer Roman Coppola and the multi-talented "Lost in Translation" director Sofia Coppola, who is currently married to Phoenix front man Thomas Mars. Talia Shire's son is the "Rushmore" star Jason Schwartzman. Francis Ford Coppola's nephew is the actor Nicolas Cage.
Do you think that being in an acting family helped these celebrities to succeed? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
Patricia Arquette and siblings David, Rosanna, Alexis and Richmond are all actors. Oscar-winner Patricia, whose credits include True Romance, Boyhood, and The Lost Highway, is married to actor Thomas Jane, and previously married to Nicolas Cage. David was married married to Friends actress Courtney Cox.
- Charlie Sheen was married to Denise Richards. His brother is Emilio Estevez. Their father is "The West Wing" actor Martin Sheen.
- Will Smith is married to Jada Pinkett Smith. Their children Willow and Jaden are also actors.
- Julia Roberts's brother is "The Dark Knight" actor Eric Roberts. Eric Roberts' daughter is "American Horror Story" actress Emma Roberts.
- Gwyneth Paltrow is married to Colplay front man Chris Martin. Her mother is "Meet the Parents" actress Blythe Danner and the legendary producer Bruce Paltrow. Her half-cousin is "The L Word" actress Katherine Moennig.
- Ben Affleck is married to Jennifer Garner. His brother is his "Good Will Hunting" co-star Casey Affleck. Casey is married to "SLC Punk" actress Summer Phoenix, making him brother-in-law to Joaquin Phoenix.