The mustache, often fondly or disparagingly called a crumb catcher, lip toupee, or mouth brow, is a defining facial trademark for some famous men. These actors are so well known for their whiskered upper lips that seeing them without a mustache - often for a one-off role - can be disconcerting. They might even be unrecognizable. Tom Selleck will always be Magnum, and he will always have a mustache - until he doesn't.
Some actors can get by with or without facial hair. The celebs on this list, however, look strange - or stripped - without their signature 'staches.
- Age: 77
- Birthplace: Sacramento, California, United States of America
- Age: 68
- Birthplace: Augusta, Georgia, United States of America
- Age: 51
- Birthplace: Joliet, Illinois, USA
- Age: Dec. at 88 (1889-1977)
- Birthplace: Walworth, United Kingdom