Being a single parent can be tough, but these famous children of single dads turned out alright! Some of these actors, musicians, and athletes were raised by single dads after their parents divorced, while others were raised by their fathers following the deaths of their mothers.
Who is the most famous person who was raised by a single dad? Madonna tops our list. The “Material Girl” singer's mother, Madonna Louise Fortin, died from breast cancer in 1963 when the singer was just five years old. She was raised solely by her father, Silvio Anthony "Tony" Ciccone, until he remarried in 1966. When Jane Fonda was 12 years old, her mother, Frances Ford Brokaw, committed suicide. She was then raised by her father Henry Fonda.
Several famous men were also raised by single dads. From the age of 14, Paul McCartney was raised by his father after his mother died of an embolism in 1956. From the age of 15, Prince William was raised by his father, Charles, Prince of Wales, after his mother Diana died in a car accident in 1997.Are you surprised that so many celebrities were raised by single fathers? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Madonna's mother Madonna Louise Fortin died from breast cancer in 1963 when the singer was just five years old. She was raised solely by her father Silvio Anthony "Tony" Ciccone until he remarried in 1966.
- Age: 62
- Birthplace: Bay City, Michigan, United States of America
- In 1972, when she was eight years old, Courtney Love was sent to live with her stepfather in Portland.
- Age: 57
- Birthplace: California, United States of America
- When Jane Fonda was 12 years old, her mother Frances Ford Brokaw committed suicide. She was then raised by her father Henry Fonda.
- Age: 83
- Birthplace: New York, New York, USA
- Alternative Name: Jane Fonda
- From age 11, Rosie O'Donnell was raised by her father Edward Joseph O'Donnell after her mother Roseann Teresa died from breast cancer in 1973.
- Age: 59
- Birthplace: Commack, New York, United States of America