UPDATED: Check out the celebrities turning 100 in 2021!
Very few people get to call themselves "centenarians," also known as people who live to be 100 years old. In 2020, the names below become a part of the list of 100 year old celebrities.
Are any 100 year old actors still alive? The list of those who are 100 in 2020 is more so focused on artists, journalists, and activists.
Painter Wayne Thiebaud, best known for his captivating still life paintings of everyday objects, is one of the famous people born in 1920. Astronaut John Glenn's wife Annie Glenn is 100 in 2020. The New Yorker essayist Roger Angell is another of the celebrities born in 1920.
Keep reading below to learn more about these famous 100 year olds.
Annie GlennAnna Margaret Glenn (born February 17, 1920) is an American advocate for people with disabilities and communication disorders as well as the widow of former astronaut and Senator John Glenn.... more
- Born: 1920-02-17
- Birthplace: Columbus, Ohio
Gail HalvorsenColonel Gail Seymour "Hal" Halvorsen (born October 10, 1920) is a retired officer and command pilot in the United States Air Force. He is best known as the "Berlin Candy Bomber" or "Uncle Wiggly Wings" and gained fame for dropping candy to German children during the Berlin Airlift from 1948 to 1949. Halvorsen grew up in rural Utah but always had a desire to fly. He earned his private pilot's license in 1941 and then joined the Civil Air Patrol. He joined the United States Army Air Forces in 1942 and was assigned to Germany on July 10, 1948, to be a pilot for the Berlin Airlift. Halvorsen piloted C-47s and C-54s during the Berlin airlift ("Operation Vittles"). During that time he founded... more
- Born: 1920-10-10
- Birthplace: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Photo: Bobak Ha'Eri / Wikipedia / CC BY 3.0
Sid HartmanSid Hartman (born March 15, 1920) is an American sports journalist for the Minneapolis Star Tribune and the WCCO 830 AM radio station. For 20 years, he was also a panelist on the weekly television program "Sports Show with Mike Max," which aired Sunday nights at 9:30 p.m. on WUCW 23 in the Twin Cities metro area.... more
- Born: 1920-03-15
- Birthplace: Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useWayne Thiebaud (born November 15, 1920) is an American painter widely known for his colorful works depicting commonplace objects—pies, lipsticks, paint cans, ice cream cones, pastries, and hot dogs—as well as for his landscapes and figure paintings. Thiebaud is associated with the pop art movement because of his interest in objects of mass culture, although his early works, executed during the fifties and sixties, slightly predate the works of the classic pop artists. Thiebaud uses heavy pigment and exaggerated colors to depict his subjects, and the well-defined shadows characteristic of advertisements are almost always included in his work.... more
- Born: 1920-11-15
- Birthplace: Mesa, Arizona