For living celebrities born in 1921, 2021 is the year they'll turn 100 years old. Reaching a century of age is quite the accomplishment — these soon-to-be 100 year old actresses, actors, and entrepreneurs have much to be proud of. These celebrities that were born in 1921 were young children during the Roaring 20s, came of age during the Great Depression, and made their impact on the world throughout the 40s, 50s, 60s, and beyond.
One famous celebrity turning 100 in 2021 is interior designer and fashion icon Iris Apfel.
This list features many more influential figures born in 1921, from business owners to athletes to cinematographers. These famous men and women all pursued vastly different career paths, but they have one thing in common: They stayed in great health through it all.
Keep reading this list to learn more about these important figures who will reach the incredible milestone of turning 100 in 2021.
Iris ApfelIris Apfel (née Barrel; born August 29, 1921) is an American businesswoman, interior designer, and fashion icon.... more
- Born: 1921-08-29
- Birthplace: Astoria, New York City, New York
- Photo: American CinematographerWilmer C. "Bill" Butler, ASC (born April 7, 1921) is an American cinematographer. He shot The Conversation (1974), Jaws (1975), and three Rocky sequels. He completed 1975's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest after Haskell Wexler was fired from the production, and was subsequently nominated for an Academy Award for Best Cinematography.... more
- Born: 1921-04-07
- Birthplace: Cripple Creek, Colorado
- Photo: UW Madison / YouTubeWalter Mortimer Mirisch (born November 8, 1921) is an American film producer. He is president and executive head of production of The Mirisch Corporation, an independent film production company, which he formed in 1957 with his brothers, Marvin and Harold. He won the Academy Award for Best Picture as producer of In the Heat of the Night (1967).... more
- Born: 1921-11-08
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
Hazel McCallionHazel McCallion, (née Journeaux; born February 14, 1921) is a Canadian politician and businesswoman who served as the 5th mayor of Mississauga, Ontario, from 1978 until 2014. She is the first and current Chancellor of Sheridan College.McCallion was first elected in November 1978, and is the longest-serving mayor in the city's history, having served for 36 years at the time of her retirement in 2014. She was a successful candidate in 12 municipal elections, having been acclaimed twice and re-elected 10 other times. Her supporters gave her the nickname "Hurricane Hazel" because of her outspoken political style.... more
- Born: 1921-02-14
- Birthplace: Port-Daniel–Gascons, Canada