As 2020 comes to a close, it's time to look towards the future. Celebrities born in 1996 are turning 25 next year — that's a whole quarter of a century! There's so many actors, singers, musicians, and athletes who have established themselves early in their careers. Let's find out more about these soon-to-be 25 year old celebrities.
One of the most iconic names on this list is Lorde, a New Zealand singer-songwriter known for such hits as "Royals" and "Team". Her 2017 album Melodrama was critically acclaimed as a unique collection of youthful pop songs. Another female celebrity who is turning 25 is singer, actress, and dancer Zendaya. As a teen, she starred on the Disney Channel show Shake It Up! alongside Bella Thorne. Now, she's grown into her roles in Spider-Man: Homecoming and the popular HBO series Euphoria.
You'll also find Anya Taylor-Joy on this list, who had a star-making turn as Beth Harmon in the smash hit Netflix series The Queen's Gambit. Other celebrities born in 1996 include singer-songwriter Lewis Capaldi, Spider-Man actor Tom Holland, and actress Hailee Steinfeld.
Keep reading this list to learn more about the celebrities turning 25 next year. How many do you recognize?
- Thomas Stanley Holland (born June 1, 1996) is an English actor and dancer. A graduate of the BRIT School in London, he is known for playing Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), so far appearing or starring in five films: Captain America: Civil War (2016), Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017), Avengers: Infinity War (2018), Avengers: Endgame (2019), and the upcoming Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019).... more
- Born: 1996-06-01
- Birthplace: Kingston upon Thames, London, England
- Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O'Connor (born November 7, 1996), known professionally as Lorde, is a New Zealand singer, songwriter, and record producer. Taking inspiration from aristocracy for her stage name, she is known for employing unconventional musical styles and thoughtful songwriting. Born in the Auckland suburb of Takapuna and raised in neighboring Devonport, Lorde expressed interest in performing at local venues in her early teens. She signed with Universal Music Group in 2009 and collaborated with producer Joel Little in 2011 to start recording material.... more
- Born: 1996-11-07
- Birthplace: Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand
- Photo: Disney | ABC Television Group / FlickrZendaya Maree Stoermer Coleman (; born September 1, 1996) is an American actress and singer. She began her career as a child model and backup dancer, before gaining prominence for her role as Rocky Blue on the Disney Channel sitcom Shake It Up (2010–2013). In 2013, Zendaya was a contestant on the sixteenth season of the competition series Dancing with the Stars. From 2015 to 2018, she produced and starred as K.C. Cooper in the sitcom K.C. Undercover, and in 2019, she began playing the lead role in the HBO drama series Euphoria. Her film roles include supporting parts in the musical drama The Greatest Showman (2017) and the superhero films Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) and Spider-Man: Far... more
- Born: 1996-09-01
- Birthplace: Oakland, California, United States of America
- Hailee Steinfeld (born December 11, 1996) is an American actress and singer. Her breakthrough role was as Mattie Ross in True Grit (2010), for which she was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. Thereafter, Steinfeld gained prominence for roles in Ender's Game (2013), Romeo & Juliet (2013), Begin Again (2013), and 3 Days to Kill (2014). She appeared as Emily Junk in the Pitch Perfect film series (2015–2017), and received a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Actress – Motion Picture Comedy or Musical for her role as Nadine Franklin in The Edge of Seventeen (2016). In 2018, Steinfeld voiced Gwen Stacy in the animated film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and... more
- Born: 1996-12-11
- Birthplace: Tarzana, California, USA