For celebrities born in 1981, 2021 is a big year. These living actors, musicians, and athletes will be turning 40. These famous people have definitely made the most out of their careers so far.
One of the biggest soon to be 40 year old celebrities is Beyoncé Knowles. "Queen Bey" has grown quite a lot as an artist since her days as the lead singer of R&B group Destiny's Child. Throughout her thirties, she's given us powerful works of music including Lemonade and Homecoming: The Live Album. Another major celebrity on this list is Meghan, Duchess of Sussex (formerly Meghan Markle), who joined the royal family when she married Prince Harry in 2018. Natalie Portman is one of the (soon to be) 40 year old actresses you might recognize.
There's also quite a few heartthrob male celebs who are turning 40 next year. Justin Timberlake, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Marvel cuties Chris Evans and Tom Hiddleston are all on this list. In addition to figures in the entertainment industry, two legendary tennis players turn 40 next year as well — Serena Williams and Roger Federer. Wondering what celebrities rae turning 40 in 2021?
Keep reading to find out which famous people are transitioning from their thirties to their forties in 2021.
- Photo: s_bukley / ShutterstockBeyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter (born September 4, 1981) is an American singer, songwriter and actress. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Beyoncé performed in various singing and dancing competitions as a child. She rose to fame in the late 1990s as lead singer of the R&B girl-group Destiny's Child, one of the best-selling girl groups in history. Their hiatus saw the release of her first solo album, Dangerously in Love (2003), which debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart and earned her five Grammy Awards. The album also featured the US Billboard Hot 100 number-one singles "Crazy in Love" and "Baby Boy". Following the break-up of Destiny's Child in 2006, she released her second... more
- Born: 1981-09-04
- Birthplace: Houston, Texas, USA
- Britney Jean Spears (born December 2, 1981) is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, and actress. Born in McComb, Mississippi and raised in Kentwood, Louisiana, she appeared in stage productions and television series, before signing with Jive Records in 1997. Spears's first two studio albums, ...Baby One More Time (1999) and Oops!... I Did It Again (2000), were global successes and made her the best-selling teenage artist of all-time. Referred to as the "Princess of Pop", Spears is regarded as a pop icon and is credited with influencing the revival of teen pop during the late 1990s and early 2000s. Spears adopted more mature and provocative themes for her next two studio albums, Britney... more
- Born: 1981-12-02
- Birthplace: McComb, Mississippi, United States of America
- Photo: El Hormiguero / FlickrJustin Randall Timberlake (born January 31, 1981), often known by his initials, JT, is an American singer, songwriter, actor, dancer and record producer. Born and raised in Tennessee, he appeared on the television shows Star Search and The All-New Mickey Mouse Club as a child. In the late 1990s, Timberlake rose to prominence as one of the two lead vocalists and youngest member of NSYNC, which eventually became one of the best-selling boy bands of all time. Timberlake began to adopt a more mature image as an artist with the release of his debut solo album, the R&B-focused Justified (2002), which yielded the successful singles "Cry Me a River" and "Rock Your Body", and earned his first two... more
- Born: 1981-01-31
- Birthplace: Memphis, Tennessee, USA
- Natalie Portman (born Neta-Lee Hershlag; June 9, 1981) is an actress and filmmaker with dual Israeli and American citizenship. She is the recipient of various accolades, including an Academy Award and two Golden Globe Awards. Portman made her feature film debut as the young protégée of a hitman in the action film Léon: The Professional (1994). While still in high school, she gained international recognition for starring as Padmé Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (1999) and received critical acclaim for playing a precocious teenager in the comedy-drama Anywhere but Here (1999). From 1999 to 2003, Portman attended Harvard University for a bachelor's degree in psychology,... more
- Born: 1981-06-09
- Birthplace: Jerusalem, Israel