UPDATED: Check out the celebrities turning 50 in 2021!
The 1970s were nearly half a century ago. That means that famous people born in 1970 turned 50 in 2020. This list of musicians, athletes, TV personalities, and actors are 50 year olds. Many have been in the spotlight for some time now, so it's not too hard to believe they're entering a new decade of life.
The world gained a lot more celebrities who are 50 in 2020. You'll recognize several of the actors and actresses turning 50 from popular television shows back in the 1990s like Twin Peaks and Dawson's Creek. Some of the female actresses you might not even recognize, because of the amount of anti-aging work they've had done to their faces.
At the head of the list is Matt Damon, who has established himself as one of America's most talented and versatile actors. His breakout role came in 1997 with Good Will Hunting, which he wrote and starred in alongside Ben Affleck. By the way, did you know that Damon and Affleck are technically 10th cousins, once removed? Damon has consistently continued to work in movies over the years. You can see him in the biopic Ford v. Ferrari.
Tina Fey is another of the 50 year old celebrities. She, Melissa McCarthy, and Queen Latifah are all actresses born in 1970. Other celebrities born in 1970 include Beck, Sarah Silverman, and Leah Remini. The list of famous women who are 50 is pretty extensive, especially come 2020. However, there are plenty of actors born in 1970 as well.
Are you surprised by the famous people who turned 50? Read below to see more of the celebrities who are 50 in 2020.
- Uma Karuna Thurman (born April 29, 1970) is an American actress and model. She has performed in a variety of films, ranging from romantic comedies and dramas to science fiction and action movies. Following her appearances on the December 1985 and May 1986 covers of British Vogue, Thurman starred in Dangerous Liaisons (1988). She rose to international prominence with her performance in Quentin Tarantino's 1994 film Pulp Fiction, for which she was nominated for the Academy Award, the BAFTA Award, and the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress. Often hailed as Tarantino's muse, she reunited with the director to play the main role in Kill Bill: Volume 1 and 2 (2003, 2004), which... more
- Born: 1970-04-29
- Birthplace: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Gender: Female
- Photo: Denis Makarenko / ShutterstockRachel Hannah Weisz (born 7 March 1970) is a British-American actress. She is the recipient of several accolades, including an Academy Award, a BAFTA Award, and a Laurence Olivier Award. Weisz began acting in British stage and television in the early 1990s, and made her film debut in Death Machine (1994). She won a Critics' Circle Theatre Award for her role in the 1994 revival of Noël Coward's play Design for Living and she went on to appear in the 1999 Donmar Warehouse production of Tennessee Williams' drama Suddenly, Last Summer. Her film breakthrough came with her starring role as Evelyn Carnahan in the Hollywood action films The Mummy (1999) and The Mummy Returns (2001). Weisz went on... more
- Born: 1970-03-07
- Birthplace: Westminster, London, United Kingdom
- Gender: Female
- Jennifer Lynn Connelly (born December 12, 1970) is an American actress who began her career as a child model. She appeared in magazine, newspaper and television advertising, before she made her film acting debut in the crime film Once Upon a Time in America (1984). Connelly continued modeling and acting, starring in a number of films, including the horror film Phenomena (1985), the musical fantasy film Labyrinth (1986), the romantic comedy Career Opportunities (1991), and the period superhero film The Rocketeer (1991). She gained critical acclaim for her work in the science fiction film Dark City (1998), and for playing a drug addict in Darren Aronofsky's drama Requiem for a Dream... more
- Born: 1970-12-12
- Birthplace: Cairo, New York, United States
- Gender: Female
- Ethan Green Hawke (born November 6, 1970) is an American actor, writer, and director. He has been nominated for four Academy Awards and a Tony Award. Hawke has directed three feature films, three Off-Broadway plays, and a documentary. He has also written three novels. He made his film debut with the 1985 science fiction feature Explorers, before making a breakthrough appearance in the 1989 drama Dead Poets Society. He appeared in various films before taking a role in the 1994 Generation X drama Reality Bites, for which he received critical praise. Hawke starred alongside Julie Delpy in Richard Linklater's Before trilogy: Before Sunrise (1995), Before Sunset (2004) and Before Midnight... more
- Born: 1970-11-06
- Birthplace: Austin, Texas, USA
- Gender: Male