UPDATED: Check out the celebrities turning 60 in 2021!
In 2020, the groovy 60s will be 60 years ago. It also means that celebrities born in 1960 are joining the list of famous 60 year olds. Read on to find out more about celebrities who are 60. There are a large number of celebs born in 1960.
Although all of these celebs are 60 in 2020, many of them have aged gracefully. There are 60 year old singers, actors, and actresses who are still going strong. Take Jane Lynch for example, who is killing it in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. RuPaul of RuPaul's Drag Race somehow continues to evade the effects of aging, which is impressive. Julianne Moore and Tilda Swinton are a few of the actresses born in 1960.
Other 60 year old actors and actresses include Colin Firth, Hugh Grant, and Elizabeth Perkins. Bono is another of the famous people turning 60 in 2020. You might find some of your favorites among the celebrities that are 60 years old.
Are you surprised by the famous people born in 1960? Check out the list below to learn more about the 60 year old celebrities who are still movers and shakers in the entertainment industry.
- Photo: s_bukley / ShutterstockJulie Anne Smith (born December 3, 1960), known professionally as Julianne Moore, is an American-British actress and author. Prolific in film since the early 1990s, she is particularly known for her portrayals of emotionally troubled women in both independent and blockbuster films, and has received many accolades, including an Academy Award, two Emmy Awards, and two Golden Globes. Time magazine named Moore one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2015. Moore received considerable recognition in the late 1990s and early 2000s, earning Oscar nominations for Boogie Nights (1997), The End of the Affair (1999), Far from Heaven (2002) and The Hours (2002). In addition to acting,... more
- Birthplace: Fort Bragg, North Carolina, USA
- Colin Andrew Firth (born 10 September 1960) is an English actor who has received an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, two BAFTA Awards, and three Screen Actors Guild Awards, as well as the Volpi Cup for Best Actor at the Venice Film Festival. In 2010, Firth's portrayal of King George VI in Tom Hooper's The King's Speech won him the Academy Award for Best Actor. Identified in the late 1980s with the "Brit Pack" of rising, young British actors, it was not until his portrayal of Fitzwilliam Darcy in the 1995 television adaptation of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice that he received more widespread attention.... more
- Birthplace: Grayshott, UK
- Photo: Rob Kim/Getty Images Entertainment / Getty ImagesHugh John Mungo Grant (born 9 September 1960) is an English actor and film producer. Grant has received a Golden Globe, a BAFTA, and an Honorary César for his work. As of 2018, his films have grossed a total of nearly US$3 billion worldwide from 29 theatrical releases. He first received attention after earning the Volpi Cup for his performance in the film Maurice (1987) but achieved international success after appearing in Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994). He used this breakthrough role as a frequent cinematic persona during the 1990s, delivering comic performances in films such Notting Hill (1999) and Mickey Blue Eyes (1999). For Four Weddings and a Funeral, Grant won the Golden Globe... more
- Birthplace: Hammersmith, London, United Kingdom
- RuPaul Andre Charles (born November 17, 1960) is an American drag queen, actor, model, singer, songwriter, and television personality. Since 2009, he has produced and hosted the reality competition series RuPaul's Drag Race, for which he has received three Primetime Emmy Awards, in 2016, 2017, and 2018. RuPaul is considered to be the most commercially successful drag queen in the United States. In 2017, he was included in the annual Time 100 list of the most influential people in the world.RuPaul was born and raised in San Diego, California and later moved to Atlanta, Georgia to study performing arts. He settled in New York City where he became a popular fixture on the nightclub scene.... more
- Birthplace: San Diego, California, United States of America