Which celebrities are turning 60 in 2021? Living celebrities born in 1961 will be 60 years old in 2021. On this list, you'll find several famous politicians, entertainers, and athletes. They've all had incredibly influential careers, and they show no signs of slowing down anytime soon. If you ever wondered, "What celebrity is born in 1961?" then you might want to bookmark this list.
Of all the celebrities who are 60 in 2021, none are quite as famous as former President Barack Obama. He served as the 44th president of the United States from 2009 to 2017. As far as famous actors born in 1961, George Clooney and Eddie Murphy sit at the top of the list. Rom-com queen Meg Ryan and Julia Louis-Dreyfus of Seinfeld fame will also be 60 year old actresses in 2021.
Country artist and "Achy Breaky Heart" singer Billy Ray Cyrus turns 60 in August of 2021. Cyrus has become quite popular with today's youth thanks to a guest appearance on Lil Nas X's hit single "Old Town Road." The song introduced Cyrus to a whole new generation of fans. And, of course, everyone is familiar with his daughter, Miley. Michael J. Fox is another of the celebrities that were born in 1961 that you might recognize.
Keep reading below to learn about all of the 60 year old celebrities in 2021.
- Barack Hussein Obama born August 4, 1961is an American attorney and politician who served as the 44th president of the United States from 2009 to 2017. A member of the Democratic Party, he was the first African American to be elected to the presidency. He previously served as a U.S. senator from Illinois from 2005 to 2008 and an Illinois state senator from 1997 to 2004. Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii. After graduating from Columbia University in 1983, he worked as a community organizer in Chicago. In 1988, he enrolled in Harvard Law School, where he was the first black president of the Harvard Law Review. After graduating, he became a civil rights attorney and an academic, teaching... more
- Born: 1961-08-04
- Birthplace: Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
- Photo: Tristan Fewings / Getty ImagesGeorge Timothy Clooney (born May 6, 1961) is an American actor and filmmaker. He is the recipient of three Golden Globe Awards and two Academy Awards, one for acting in Syriana (2006) and the other for co-producing Argo (2012). In 2018, he was the recipient of the AFI Lifetime Achievement Award.Clooney made his acting debut on television in 1978, and later gained wide recognition in his role as Dr. Doug Ross on the medical drama ER, from 1994 to 1999, for which he received two Primetime Emmy Award nominations. While working on ER, he began attracting a variety of leading roles in films, with his breakthrough role in From Dusk till Dawn (1996), and the crime comedy Out of Sight (1998), in... more
- Born: 1961-05-06
- Birthplace: Lexington, Kentucky, United States of America
- Photo: Jason Meritt / Getty ImagesBilly Ray Cyrus (born August 25, 1961) is an American singer-songwriter and actor. He has released 16 studio albums and 53 singles since 1992, and is known for his number one single "Achy Breaky Heart", which became the first single ever to achieve triple Platinum status in Australia. It was also the best-selling single in the same country in 1992. Due to the video of this song, the line dance gained in popularity.Cyrus, a multi-platinum selling recording artist, has scored a total of eight top-ten singles on the Billboard Country Songs chart. His most successful album to date is his debut Some Gave All, which has been certified 9× Multi-Platinum in the United States and is the longest time... more
- Born: 1961-08-25
- Birthplace: Flatwoods, Kentucky, USA
- Edward Regan Murphy (born April 3, 1961) is an American actor, comedian, and singer. Murphy was a regular cast member on Saturday Night Live from 1980 to 1984. He has worked as a stand-up comedian and was ranked #10 on Comedy Central's list of the 100 Greatest Stand-ups of All Time.In films, Murphy has received Golden Globe Award nominations for his performances in 48 Hrs., the Beverly Hills Cop series, Trading Places, and The Nutty Professor. In 2007, he won the Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor and received a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of soul singer James "Thunder" Early in Dreamgirls.Murphy's work as a voice actor in films includes... more
- Born: 1961-04-03
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America