UPDATED: Check out the celebrities turning 65 in 2020!
Several famous people celebrated their 65th birthdays in 2019. Iconic directors, pop stars, and top athletes all joined the list of famous 65 year olds. Many sixty-five-year-old celebrities are at the top of their game both personally and professionally, even if they're now officially at retirement age. A couple more candles aren't going to stop these 65-year-old actors and actresses.
Who turned 65 in 2019? Oprah Winfrey celebrated her 65th birthday this year. The media mogul has been among the most powerful women in entertainment for decades. Denzel Washington also turned 65 this year, which hasn't stopped him from acting in action films like The Equalizer 2.
What's the deal with growing older? Jerry Seinfeld surely has a few, new hilarious observations after turning 65 in 2019. Other celebrities who enjoyed a 65th birthday in 2019 include John Travolta, Howard Stern, and Annie Lennox.
Did any of your favorite celebrities turn 65 in 2019? Take a look at this list and find out.
- John Joseph Travolta (born February 18, 1954) is an American actor, film producer, dancer, and singer. Travolta rose to fame during the 1970s, appearing on the television series Welcome Back, Kotter (1975–1979) and starring in the box office successes Saturday Night Fever (1977) and Grease (1978). His acting career declined through the 1980s, but enjoyed a resurgence in the 1990s with his role in Pulp Fiction (1994), and he has since starred in films such as Get Shorty (1995), Broken Arrow (1996), Face/Off (1997), Swordfish (2001), Be Cool (2005), Wild Hogs (2007), Hairspray (2007), Bolt (2008) and The Taking of Pelham 123 (2009). Travolta was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actor... more
- Birthplace: Englewood, New Jersey, United States of America
- Born: February 18, 1954
- Oprah Gail Winfrey (born Orpah Gail Winfrey, January 29, 1954) is an American media executive, actress, talk show host, television producer and philanthropist. She is best known for her talk show The Oprah Winfrey Show, broadcast from Chicago, which was the highest-rated television program of its kind in history and ran in national syndication for 25 years from 1986 to 2011. Dubbed the "Queen of All Media", she was the richest African American of the 20th century and North America's first black multi-billionaire, and has been ranked the greatest black philanthropist in American history. She has also been sometimes ranked as the most influential woman in the world.Winfrey was born into... more
- Birthplace: Kosciusko, Mississippi, United States of America
- Born: January 29, 1954
- Denzel Hayes Washington Jr. (born December 28, 1954) is an American actor, director, and producer. He has received two Golden Globe awards, one Tony Award, and two Academy Awards: Best Supporting Actor for the historical war drama film Glory (1989) and Best Actor for his role as corrupt detective Alonzo Harris in the crime thriller Training Day (2001).Washington has received much critical acclaim for his film work since the 1980s, including his portrayals of real-life figures, such as South African anti-apartheid activist Steve Biko in Cry Freedom (1987), Muslim minister and human rights activist Malcolm X in Malcolm X (1992), boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter in The Hurricane (1999),... more
- Birthplace: USA, New York, Mount Vernon
- Born: December 28, 1954
- Jerome Allen Seinfeld ( SYNE-feld; born April 29, 1954) is an American stand-up comedian, actor, writer, producer, and director. He is known for playing a semi-fictionalized version of himself in the sitcom Seinfeld, which he created and wrote with Larry David. The show aired on NBC from 1989 until 1998, becoming one of the most acclaimed and popular sitcoms of all time. As a stand-up comedian, Seinfeld specializes in observational comedy. In 2005, Comedy Central named Seinfeld the "12th Greatest Stand-up Comedian of All Time."Seinfeld produced, co-wrote and starred in the 2007 film Bee Movie. In 2010, he premiered a reality series called The Marriage Ref, which aired for two seasons on... more
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Born: April 29, 1954