UPDATED: Check out the celebrities turning 70 in 2020!
Several famous people celebrated their 70th birthdays in 2019. Action heroes, pop stars and top athletes all joined the list of famous 70 year olds. Some seventy-year-old celebrities still look young enough to not qualify for a senior discount while other famous people who are 70 better reflect the amazing years they've lived. Many celebrities over 70 have already personally and professionally created lasting legacies.
Who turned 70 in 2019? Meryl Streep celebrated her 70th birthday this year. Since her breakout role in The Deer Hunter in 1978, Streep has been a staple on the silver screen, continuing to win our hearts with recent films like Mama Mia. Caitlyn Jenner turned 70 on October 28, 2019.
Both The Boss and The Dude turned 70 in 2019 as Bruce Springsteen was born on September 23, 1949 and Jeff Bridges was born on December 4, 1949. Other celebrities who turned 70 in 2019 include Billy Joel, George Foreman, and Pam Grier.
Did any of your favorite celebrities turn 70 in 2019? Take a look at this list and find out.
- Mary Louise "Meryl" Streep (born June 22, 1949) is an American actress. Often described as the "best actress of her generation", Streep is particularly known for her versatility and accents. She has received several accolades, including being nominated for a record 21 Academy Awards, of which she has won three, and receiving a record 32 Golden Globe nominations, winning eight. Streep has been the recipient of many honorary awards. She was awarded the AFI Life Achievement Award in 2004, Gala Tribute from the Film Society of Lincoln Center in 2008, and Kennedy Center Honor in 2011 for her contribution to American culture, through performing arts. President Barack Obama awarded her the 2010... more
- Birthplace: Summit, New Jersey, United States of America
- Born: June 22, 1949
- Richard Tiffany Gere (IPA: geer; born August 31, 1949) is an American actor. He began in films in the 1970s, playing a supporting role in Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977) and a starring role in Days of Heaven (1978). He came to prominence with his role in the film American Gigolo (1980), which established him as a leading man and a sex symbol. He went on to star in many well-received films, including An Officer and a Gentleman (1982), The Cotton Club (1984), Pretty Woman (1990), Sommersby (1993), Primal Fear (1996), Runaway Bride (1999), I'm Not There (2007), Arbitrage (2012) and Norman: The Moderate Rise and Tragic Fall of a New York Fixer (2016). For portraying Billy Flynn in the Academy... more
- Birthplace: USA, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Born: August 31, 1949
- Bruce Frederick Joseph Springsteen (born September 23, 1949), nicknamed "The Boss", is an American singer-songwriter who is a solo artist and is the leader of the E Street Band. Springsteen received critical acclaim for his early 1970s albums and attained worldwide fame upon the release of Born to Run in 1975. During a career that has spanned five decades, Springsteen has become known for his poetic and socially conscious lyrics and for his lengthy, energetic stage performances. He has recorded both rock albums and folk-oriented works, and his lyrics often address the experiences and struggles of working-class Americans. Springsteen has sold more than 135 million records worldwide and more... more
- Birthplace: Long Branch, New Jersey, United States of America
- Born: September 23, 1949
- Jeffrey Leon Bridges (born December 4, 1949) is an American actor, singer, and producer. He comes from a prominent acting family and appeared on the television series Sea Hunt (1958–60), with his father, Lloyd Bridges and brother, Beau Bridges. He won numerous accolades, including the Academy Award for Best Actor for his role as Otis "Bad" Blake in the 2009 film Crazy Heart, and earned Academy Award nominations for his roles in The Last Picture Show (1971), Thunderbolt and Lightfoot (1974), Starman (1984), The Contender (2000), True Grit (2010), and Hell or High Water (2016). His other films include Tron (1982), Jagged Edge (1985), The Fabulous Baker Boys (1989), The Fisher King (1991),... more
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Born: December 4, 1949