UPDATED: Check out the celebrities turning 75 in 2021!
Ever wonder who the most famous 75 year olds in the world are? Celebrities born in 1945 celebrate their 75 birthday in 2020. The craziest part is that several names on this list are still pretty active in their respective industries. So read on to find out more about 75 year old celebrities.
As it turns out, quite a few celebs share this birth year. But out of all the fields in entertainment, musicians are the most prominent for this age bracket. It seems that a lot of famous people born in 1945 ended up becoming music legends, including Eric Clapton, Neil Young, and Rod Stewart, all of whom continue to play live shows to this day. Goldie Hawn is one of the famous actresses born in 1945.
One of the most recognizable faces on this list is Helen Mirren, known for her extensive work as an actress. Even though she is 75 in July 2020, her acting career isn't showing any signs of slowing. Most recently, she played the titular, ever-dramatic ruler in the HBO miniseries Catherine the Great.
Continue reading below to learn more about famous people who are 75.
- Photo: Helga Esteb / ShutterstockGoldie Jeanne Hawn (born November 21, 1945) is an American actress, producer, and singer. She rose to fame on the NBC sketch comedy program Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In (1968–70), before going on to receive the Academy Award and Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in Cactus Flower (1969). Hawn maintained bankable star status for more than three decades, while appearing in such films as There's a Girl in My Soup (1970), Butterflies Are Free (1972), The Sugarland Express (1974), Shampoo (1975), Foul Play (1978), Seems Like Old Times (1980), and Private Benjamin (1980), for which she was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress for playing the title... more
- Born: 1945-11-21
- Birthplace: Washington, D.C., United States of America
- Gender: Female
- Photo: Mireya Acierto / Getty ImagesBette Midler (born December 1, 1945) is an American singer, songwriter, actress, comedian, and film producer. Born in Honolulu, Hawaii, Midler began her professional career in several Off-Off-Broadway plays, prior to her engagements in Fiddler on the Roof and Salvation on Broadway in the late 1960s. She came to prominence in 1970 when she began singing in the Continental Baths, a local gay bathhouse where she managed to build up a core following. Since 1970, Midler has released 14 studio albums as a solo artist. Throughout her career, many of her songs became hits on the record charts, including her renditions of "The Rose", "Wind Beneath My Wings", "Do You Want to Dance", "Boogie Woogie... more
- Born: 1945-12-01
- Birthplace: Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
- Gender: Female
- Thomas William Selleck (born January 29, 1945) is an American actor, film producer, and California Army National Guard veteran. He is most known for starring as private investigator Thomas Magnum in the television series Magnum, P.I. (1980–1988), as Peter Mitchell in Three Men and a Baby, and as NYPD Commissioner Frank Reagan in Blue Bloods on CBS since 2010. Selleck also had a recurring role as Lance White, the likeable and naive partner of Jim Rockford (played by James Garner) on The Rockford Files and also played Police Chief Jesse Stone in a series of made-for-TV movies based on Robert B. Parker novels. Selleck has appeared in more than 50 film and television roles since Magnum, P.I.,... more
- Born: 1945-01-29
- Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan
- Gender: Male
- Photo: Angela Weiss / Getty ImagesNeil Percival Young (born November 12, 1945) is a Canadian singer-songwriter. After embarking on a music career in the 1960s, he moved to Los Angeles, where he formed Buffalo Springfield with Stephen Stills, Richie Furay and others. Young had released two solo albums and three as a member of Buffalo Springfield by the time he joined Crosby, Stills & Nash in 1969. From his early solo albums and those with his backing band Crazy Horse, Young has recorded a steady stream of studio and live albums, sometimes warring with his recording company along the way. Young's guitar work, deeply personal lyrics and signature tenor singing voice define his long career. Young also plays piano and harmonica... more
- Born: 1945-11-12
- Birthplace: Toronto, Canada
- Gender: Male