UPDATED: Check out the celebrities turning 75 in 2021!
Ever wonder who the most famous 75 year olds in the world are? Celebrities born in 1945 celebrate their 75 birthday in 2020. The craziest part is that several names on this list are still pretty active in their respective industries. So read on to find out more about 75 year old celebrities.
As it turns out, quite a few celebs share this birth year. But out of all the fields in entertainment, musicians are the most prominent for this age bracket. It seems that a lot of famous people born in 1945 ended up becoming music legends, including Eric Clapton, Neil Young, and Rod Stewart, all of whom continue to play live shows to this day. Goldie Hawn is one of the famous actresses born in 1945.
One of the most recognizable faces on this list is Helen Mirren, known for her extensive work as an actress. Even though she is 75 in July 2020, her acting career isn't showing any signs of slowing. Most recently, she played the titular, ever-dramatic ruler in the HBO miniseries Catherine the Great.
Continue reading below to learn more about famous people who are 75.
- Stephen Glenn Martin (born August 14, 1945) is an American actor, comedian, writer, filmmaker, and musician. Martin came to public notice in the 1960s as a writer for The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour, and later as a frequent guest on The Tonight Show. In the 1970s, Martin performed his offbeat, absurdist comedy routines before packed houses on national tours. Since the 1980s, having branched away from comedy, Martin has become a successful actor, as well as an author, playwright, pianist, and banjo player, eventually earning him Emmy, Grammy, and American Comedy awards, among other honors. In 2004, Comedy Central ranked Martin at sixth place in a list of the 100 greatest stand-up comics.... more
- Born: 1945-08-14
- Birthplace: Waco, Texas, United States of America
- Photo: Prime Suspect: The Final Act / AcornMediaDame Helen Lydia Mirren, (born 26 July 1945) is an English actor. Mirren began her acting career with the Royal Shakespeare Company in 1967 and is one of the few performers who have achieved the Triple Crown of Acting. She won the Academy Award for Best Actress in 2007 for her performance as Queen Elizabeth II in The Queen and received the Olivier Award for Best Actress and Tony Award for Best Actress in a Play for the same role in The Audience. Mirren's other Academy Award nominations include The Madness of King George (1994), Gosford Park (2001), and The Last Station (2009). For her role as police detective Jane Tennison on the British television series Prime Suspect, which ran from 1991... more
- Born: 1945-07-26
- Birthplace: Hammersmith, London, United Kingdom
- Sir Roderick David Stewart, (born 10 January 1945) is a British rock singer and songwriter. Born and raised in London, he is of Scottish and English ancestry. Stewart is one of the best-selling music artists of all time, having sold over 100 million records worldwide. He has had nine number-one albums in the UK Albums Chart and his tally of 62 UK hit singles includes 31 that reached the top ten, six of which gained the #1 position. Stewart has had 16 top ten singles in the US, with four reaching #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. He was knighted in the 2016 Birthday Honours for services to music and charity.With his distinctive raspy singing voice, Stewart came to prominence in the late 1960s... more
- Born: 1945-01-10
- Birthplace: Highgate, London, United Kingdom
- Eric Patrick Clapton, (born 30 March 1945) is an English rock and blues guitarist, singer, and songwriter. He is the only three-time inductee to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: once as a solo artist and separately as a member of the Yardbirds and of Cream. Clapton has been referred to as one of the most important and influential guitarists of all time. Clapton ranked second in Rolling Stone magazine's list of the "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time" and fourth in Gibson's "Top 50 Guitarists of All Time". He was also named number five in Time magazine's list of "The 10 Best Electric Guitar Players" in 2009.In the mid-1960s Clapton left the Yardbirds to play with John Mayall & the... more
- Born: 1945-03-30
- Birthplace: Ripley, United Kingdom