UPDATED: Check out the celebrities turning 80 in 2021!
In 2020, celebrities born in 1940 turn 80 years old. This is a huge milestone, and what's even more impressive is that a few of these famous actors and TV personas are still working today. Retirement is an unknown concept for them, so it seems.
Alex Trebek has been hosting the game show Jeopardy! for 35 years now, and never failed to deliver the perfect amount of sass. Actor Al Pacino is gaining a lot of attention for his work in Martin Scorsese's The Irishman, in which he stars alongside Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci.
This list features famous people from all over the world, with a few very popular faces from the UK. The 80 year old British celebrities include musician Cliff Richard, actor Patrick Stewart, and Beatles drummer Ringo Starr. Other 80 year old celebrities include Tom Jones, Martin Sheen, and Nancy Sinatra. James Caan is one of the famous actors born in 1940, and Anna Karina is one of the actresses born in 1940 that you will find on this list.
Some of these famous 80 year olds might surprise you. Keep reading to learn more about all the famous people born in 1940 who are celebrating 80 years of life in 2020.
- Alfredo James Pacino (born April 25, 1940), known professionally as Al Pacino, is an American actor and filmmaker who has had a career spanning more than five decades. He has received numerous accolades and honors both competitive and honorary, among them an Academy Award, two Tony Awards, two Primetime Emmy Awards, a British Academy Film Award, four Golden Globe Awards, the Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Film Institute, the Golden Globe Cecil B. DeMille Award and the National Medal of Arts. He is one of few performers to have won a competitive Oscar, an Emmy and a Tony Award for acting, dubbed the "Triple Crown of Acting". A method actor and former student of the HB Studio... more
- Born: 1940-04-25
- Birthplace: East Harlem, New York City, New York, United States of America
- Sir Patrick Stewart (born 13 July 1940) is an English actor whose work has included roles on stage, television, and film in a career spanning almost six decades. He has been nominated for Olivier, Golden Globe, Emmy, Screen Actors Guild, and Saturn Awards throughout his career. Beginning his career with a long run with the Royal Shakespeare Company, Stewart received the 1979 Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for his performance in Antony and Cleopatra in the West End. Stewart's first major screen roles were in BBC-broadcast television productions during the mid-late 1970s, including Hedda, and the I, Claudius miniseries. From the 1980s onward, Stewart began working... more
- Born: 1940-07-13
- Birthplace: Mirfield, United Kingdom
- Photo: Featureflash / ShutterstockSir Richard Starkey (born 7 July 1940), known professionally as Ringo Starr, is an English musician, singer, songwriter and actor who gained worldwide fame as the drummer for the Beatles. He occasionally sang lead vocals with the group, usually for one song on each album, including "With a Little Help from My Friends", "Yellow Submarine", "Good Night", and their cover of "Act Naturally". He also wrote and sang the Beatles' songs "Don't Pass Me By" and "Octopus's Garden", and is credited as a co-writer of others, including "What Goes On" and "Flying". Starr was afflicted by life-threatening illnesses during childhood, and he fell behind in school as a result of prolonged hospitalisations.... more
- Born: 1940-07-07
- Birthplace: Liverpool, Eurasia, Lancashire, North West England, United Kingdom
- Carlos Ray Norris (born March 10, 1940) is an American martial artist, actor, film producer and screenwriter. After serving in the United States Air Force, he won many martial arts championships and later founded his own school of fighting named Chun Kuk Do. Norris is a black belt in Tang Soo Do, Brazilian jiu jitsu and Judo.Norris appeared in Way of the Dragon alongside Bruce Lee, Good Guys Wear Black, The Octagon, Lone Wolf McQuade, Code of Silence, The Delta Force, and Missing in Action 1, 2, & 3. He was The Cannon Group's leading star in the 1980s. He played the title role in the television series Walker, Texas Ranger from 1993 until 2001. Since 1997, he and model Christie Brinkley... more
- Born: 1940-03-10
- Birthplace: Ryan, Oklahoma, United States of America