Celebrities born in 1930 turn 90 years old in 2020. These famous have accomplished so much over the course of nearly a century, and some continue to work to this day. Continue on to learn more about famous people born in 1930.
Joining the elite group of celebrities in their 90s is actor and director Clint Eastwood. Sean Connery, Robert Wagner, and Robert Evans are other famous 90 year old actors. Other famous 90 year olds include politicians like Sandra Day O'Connor and James Baker. While this list has several actors born in 1930, it also includes astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins. Aldrin was the second man in history to walk on the Moon, and Collins manned the Apollo 11 command module while Aldrin and Armstrong made their landing.
Read below to find out all the 90 year old celebrities still alive today.
- Photo: Frazer Harrison / Getty ImagesClinton Eastwood Jr. (born May 31, 1930) is an American actor, filmmaker, musician, and politician. After achieving success in the Western TV series Rawhide, he rose to international fame with his role as the Man with No Name in Italian filmmaker Sergio Leone's Dollars Trilogy of spaghetti Westerns during the 1960s and as antihero cop Harry Callahan in the five Dirty Harry films throughout the 1970s and 1980s. These roles, among others, have made Eastwood an enduring cultural icon of masculinity.For his work in the Western film Unforgiven (1992) and the sports drama Million Dollar Baby (2004), Eastwood won Academy Awards for Best Director and Best Picture, as well as receiving nominations... more on Wikipedia
- Born: 1930-05-31
- Birthplace: San Francisco, California, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useSir Thomas Sean Connery (25 August 1930 – 31 October 2020) was a retired Scottish actor and producer, who during his life won an Academy Award, two BAFTA Awards, one being a BAFTA Academy Fellowship Award, and three Golden Globes, including the Cecil B. DeMille Award and a Henrietta Award. Connery was the first actor to portray the character James Bond in film, starring in seven Bond films (every film from Dr. No to You Only Live Twice, plus Diamonds Are Forever and Never Say Never Again), between 1962 and 1983. In 1988, Connery won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in The Untouchables.... more on Wikipedia
- Born: 1930-08-25
- Birthplace: Fountainbridge, United Kingdom
- Buzz Aldrin (born January 20, 1930) is an American engineer and a former astronaut and fighter pilot. Aldrin made three spacewalks as pilot of the 1966 Gemini 12 mission, and as the Apollo Lunar Module pilot on the 1969 Apollo 11 mission, he and mission commander Neil Armstrong were the first two humans to land on the Moon. Born in Glen Ridge, New Jersey, Aldrin graduated third in the class of 1951 from the United States Military Academy at West Point, with a degree in mechanical engineering. He was commissioned into the United States Air Force, and served as a jet fighter pilot during the Korean War. He flew 66 combat missions and shot down two MiG-15 aircraft. After earning a Sc.D. degree... more on Wikipedia
- Born: 1930-01-20
- Birthplace: Glen Ridge, New Jersey, United States of America
- Stephen Joshua Sondheim (born March 22, 1930) is an American composer and lyricist known for more than a half-century of contributions to musical theatre. Sondheim has received an Academy Award, eight Tony Awards (more than any other composer, including a Special Tony Award for Lifetime Achievement in the Theatre), eight Grammy Awards, a Pulitzer Prize, a Laurence Olivier Award, and a 2015 Presidential Medal of Freedom. He has been described by Frank Rich of The New York Times as "now the greatest and perhaps best-known artist in the American musical theater". His best-known works as composer and lyricist include A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (1962), Company (1970), Follies... more on Wikipedia
- Born: 1930-03-22
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America