Thinking of adopting? Let this list of celebrities who adopted children inspire you! Through the years many famous people have adopted children. Some celebs adopt domestically, while others prefer to adopt overseas. A few famous people have adopted their spouse's children from a previous marriage. Some celebs have even adopted over five children.
Who are the most famous people who have adopted children? Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are probably the most well-known adoptive parents. Their three adopted kids were initially adopted by Jolie, but when the couple got together, Pitt took the steps to become an adoptive parent as well. Maddox was adopted at seven months old from Cambodia, Zahara Marley was adopted at six months old from Ethiopia, and Pax Thien was adopted at 3 years old from Vietnam. Other famous people who have adopted multiple children include Marie Osmond, Mia Farrow, and Sandra Bullock.
In 2006, Meg Ryan adopted her daughter Daisey True as an infant from China. Ryan also has a biological child, Jack, with her ex-husband Dennis Quaid. Jamie Lee Curtis has two adopted children with her husband "Best in Show" director Christopher Guest. Their daughter Annie was born in 1986 and their son Thomas was born in 1996.Why do you think so many celebrities opt for adoption? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License"Star Wars" director George Lucas has adopted three children: (1981) daughter Amanda with then-wife Marcia Lou Griffin, (1988) daughter Katie as a single parent, and (1993) son Jett as a single parent. Lucas and his current wife Mellody Hobson also have one daughter Everest, who was born in 2013 via gestational carrier.
- Age: 76
- Birthplace: Modesto, California, United States of America
- Madonna adopted two children from Malawi. (2006) David was adopted when he was an infant. (2009) Mercy was adopted when she was 4 years old. Madonna also gave birth to daughter Lourdes (1996).
- Age: 62
- Birthplace: Bay City, Michigan, United States of America
- Ronald Reagan and his first wife Jane Wyman domestically adopted their son Michael in 1945. She also gave birth to daughters Maureen (1941) and Christine (1947), who died the same way. Reagan's second wife Nancy gave birth to daughter Patti (1952) and Ron (1958).
- Age: Dec. at 93 (1911-2004)
- Birthplace: Tampico, Illinois, USA
- Angelina Jolie has adopted several children: (2002) Maddox was adopted at seven months old from Cambodia, (2005) Zahara Marley was adopted at six months old from Ethiopia, (2007) Pax Thien was adopted at 3 years old from Vietnam. Jolie also gave birth to daughter Shiloh (2006) and twins Knox & Vivienne (2008) with partner Brad Pitt.
- Age: 45
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States of America