This list of celebrities who are bilingual is loosely ranked by fame and popularity. Several famous actors, musicians, and athletes speak multiple languages. Some of these famous folks were raised in bilingual households, while others learned multiple languages in college. One famous actor showed off his multilingual skills by speaking three languages in one film.
Who is the most famous person who is bilingual? Sandra Bullock tops this list. The Gravity actress speaks fluent English and German. Her mother, who was born in Germany, ensured that Bullock learned both languages.
Christoph Waltz speaks English, German, and French. He actually speaks all three languages in the 2009 film Inglorious Basterds. His co-stars in the film, Mélanie Laurent and Diane Kruger are also bilingual.Do you think that speaking multiple languages helped these celebrities to get ahead in the film industry? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYMila Kunis speaks English and Russian.
- Age: 38
- Birthplace: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
- Credits: Black Swan, That '70s Show, Ted, Friends with Benefits
- Photo: flickr / CC0Colin Firth speaks English and Italian.
- Age: 61
- Birthplace: Grayshott, United Kingdom
- Credits: The King's Speech, Kingsman: The Secret Service, Love Actually, A Single Man
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYJodie Foster speaks English and French.
- Age: 58
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, USA
- Credits: The Silence of the Lambs, Elysium, Panic Room, Inside Man
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation LicenseViggo Mortensen speaks English, Danish, French, and Spanish.
- Age: 62
- Birthplace: Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States of America
- Credits: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, A History of Violence, The Road