This list of celebrities who are bilingual is loosely ranked by fame and popularity. Several famous actors, musicians, and athletes speak multiple languages. Some of these famous folks were raised in bilingual households, while others learned multiple languages in college. One famous actor showed off his multilingual skills by speaking three languages in one film.
Who is the most famous person who is bilingual? Sandra Bullock tops this list. The Gravity actress speaks fluent English and German. Her mother, who was born in Germany, ensured that Bullock learned both languages.
Christoph Waltz speaks English, German, and French. He actually speaks all three languages in the 2009 film Inglorious Basterds. His co-stars in the film, Mélanie Laurent and Diane Kruger are also bilingual.Do you think that speaking multiple languages helped these celebrities to get ahead in the film industry? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYSandra Bullock speaks fluent English and German.
- Age: 56
- Birthplace: Virginia, United States of America
- Credits: Gravity, The Proposal, Crash, The Blind Side
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYJoseph Gordon-Levitt speaks English and French.
- Age: 39
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Credits: Inception, The Dark Knight Rises, (500) Days of Summer, Looper
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYNatalie Portman speaks English and Hebrew fluently. She also speaks Spanish, German, Japanese, and French.
- Age: 39
- Birthplace: Jerusalem, Israel
- Credits: V for Vendetta, Black Swan, Léon: The Professional, Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYWill Smith speaks English and Spanish.
- Age: 52
- Birthplace: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Credits: Men in Black, I Am Legend, I, Robot, The Pursuit of Happyness