Broccoli is gross. Pizza is great. And in a perfect world, ice cream would be a super food. Because celebrities are so focused on staying thin and fit, you'd think their eating habits would be all about staying healthy. But that's not always the case. Just like us normal folks, there are tons of celebrities who are picky eaters. (And a ton with some pretty weird eating habits.)
From the mildly out-of-ordinary (like Drew Barrymore's vegetarian diet) to the absolutely crazy (like how Nicolas Cage chooses food based on how the animals have sex), so many stars are weirdly particular about their meals. Then again, maybe these celebrity picky eaters have cracked the code to success. And maybe that code is an obsession with Coca-Cola. Both Karl Lagerfeld and Warren Buffet are known to drink excessive amounts of the soda.
Okay, so maybe they aren't picky... maybe they just have weird eating habits. For example, Steve Jobs allegedly used to go weeks just eating apples (seriously), and Mariah Carey once spent weeks eating only purple foods.
- Photo: Donald Trump / Instagram
According to an article in the New York Times, The Orange One likes himself a piping hot slice of Americana: fast food, over-cooked steaks, diet cola, and greasy spoon diner grub. Trump regularly posts photos of himself eating the likes of KFC buckets and Big Macs on Instagram, though a Republican strategist interviewed by the NY Times believes this plays into Trump's carefully cultivated image as the establishment outsider who's really a regular Joe (who can afford his own plane, as your average Joe can).
While Trump's social media love affair with woo-the-voters food (remember when he told all those Hispanics how much he loved them by celebrating Cinco de Mayo with a Trump Tower taco bowl?), he apparently doesn't have particularly refined taste. According to a former butler of Trump's, he likes his steaks (really) well done: “It would rock on the plate, it was so well done" (so basically like burnt to a crisp?).
As per a piece in Daily Mail, beyond its appeal to his constituency, Trump likes fast food because it's quick and efficient. He's also suggested he would get rid of lavish state dinners of elected president, saying “We should be eating a hamburger on a conference table, and we should make better deals with China and others and forget the state dinners."
- Age: 76
- Birthplace: New York, New York, USA
- As The New York Times explained in 2009, President Obama does not like beets, but he does like Mexican food and chili. According to the article, Obama has "a weakness for chips and salsa and tends to put hot sauce on everything.” Same.
- Age: 61
- Birthplace: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
- The ever-strange Nicolas Cage once said, "I actually choose the way I eat according to the way animals have sex. I think fish are very dignified with sex. So are birds. But pigs, not so much. So I don't eat pig meat or things like that. I eat fish and fowl."
- Age: 58
- Birthplace: Long Beach, California, USA
- In 1990 President George H.W. Bush bravely told the world that he did not like broccoli. He went on to say', "I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I'm President of the United States, and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli!'' You tell 'em!
- Age: 98
- Birthplace: Milton, Massachusetts, United States of America