List of Celebrities Who had Stillborn Babies, loosely ranked by fame and popularity. A stillbirth takes place when a fetus dies while in the mother's uterus. This usually happens in full-term pregnancies. The cause of most stillbirths is unknown. A stillbirth can be especially difficult for parents, since they have had several months to connect with the baby.
Who is the most famous person who had a stillborn baby? Keanu Reeves tops our list. The Matrix actor's girlfriend actress Jennifer Syme gave birth to a stillborn baby girl in 1999. Sadly, Syme died in a car accident 18 months later. Reeves spoke with Parade magazine about these tragic losses saying, "All you can do is hope that grief will be transformed and, instead of feeling pain and confusion you will be together again in memory, that there will be solace and pleasure there, not just loss."
Several famous women delivered stillborn babies. Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and John F. Kennedy had a stillborn baby daughter in 1956. In 1991, Katey Segal had to have an emergency Caesarean section in her seventh month of pregnancy. Sadly, the baby girl was stillborn. Her pregnancy was worked into Married with Children, but it was later explained to have been a “dream.”Do you think that parents ever get over the loss of a stillborn child? Share your thoughts on how a celebrity can deal with the death of their child in the comments section.
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYIn 1999, Keanu Reeves's girlfriend, actress Jennifer Syme, gave birth to a stillborn baby girl. Sadly, Syme died in a car accident 18 months later.
- Age: 57
- Birthplace: Beirut, Lebanon
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYJacqueline Kennedy Onassis and John F. Kennedy had a stillborn baby daughter, Arabella, in 1956. Their children Caroline and John Jr. were born in 1957 and 1960. A second son, Patrick, died at two days old in August 1963, just 3 months before the assassination of JFK.
- Age: Dec. at 64 (1929-1994)
- Birthplace: Southampton, New York, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation LicenseSinger Annie Lennox gave birth to a stillborn baby boy in in 1988. She said, "It had an immense impact on me. It made me realize that the human condition is immensely fragile and strong at the same time." Lennox has two daughters, Lola and Tali.
- Age: 66
- Birthplace: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
- Photo: flickr / CC0In 1991, Katey Sagal had to have an emergency Caesarean section in her seventh month of pregnancy. Sadly, the baby girl was stillborn. She gave birth to daughter Sarah in 1994 and son Jackson in 1996, and her daughter Esmé was born to a surrogate mother in 2007.
- Age: 67
- Birthplace: Hollywood, California, USA