List of celebrities who know martial arts, loosely ranked by fame and popularity. Several famous actors, actresses, musicians, and athletes are trained in various martial arts. Some celebrities are black belts in Karate while others study Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Several Hollywood actors began studying the martial arts in preparation for roles in popular action films.
Several musicians also know martial arts. Willie Nelson earned a black belt in Taekwondo. Megadeath musician Dave Mustaine has a black belt in Karate and Taekwondo, and Tool front man Maynard James Keenan trains in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Lou Reed practiced Tai Chi on a daily basis, reportedly for up to three hours at a time.Do you think that being trained in martial arts helps these celebs in their lives and careers? Which martial arts have you studied? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Jennifer Aniston is trained in Budokon.
- Age: 46
- Birthplace: Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima is trained in Capoeira.
- Age: 39
- Birthplace: Salvador, Brazil
- Gisele Bündchen incorporates Kung Fu into her workout routine.
- Age: 35
- Birthplace: Três de Maio, Brazil
- Singer Madonna trained in Karate with her ex-husband Guy Ritchie, who has a black belt.
- Age: 62
- Birthplace: Bay City, Michigan, United States of America