Several famous actors, musicians, and comedians have lived in Brooklyn. Many celebrities were born in Brooklyn and others have moved to the borough after they became successful. Several famous New York filmmakers are from Brooklyn. This list of celebrities who live in Brooklyn is loosely ranked by fame and popularity.
Who is the most famous person who lives in Brooklyn? Anne Hathaway tops our list. The Devil Wears Prada actress has an apartment in Dumbo, Brooklyn. Michelle Williams lived in Brooklyn with her fiance Heath Ledger. She moved out of the brownstone that they shared, but she still lives in the borough today. Several famous comedians like Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock and Larry David were all born in Brooklyn. Eddie Murphy was raised in the Brooklyn neighborhood of Bushwick. He currently lives in Long Island.
Woody Allen was raised in Brooklyn. He has been a loyal New Yorker for his entire life. Blazing Saddles director Mel Brooks was also born and raised in Brooklyn. Do the Right Thing director Spike Lee was raised in Brooklyn. A life-long New Yorker, Lee has been an outspoken opponent of the gentrification of Brooklyn. Another NYC celebrity living in Brooklyn is Maggie Gyllenhaal.Would you like to live in Brooklyn? Share your thoughts in the comments section and tell us if you ever came across celebrity homes or houses while in Brooklyn.
- Anne Hathaway has an apartment in Dumbo, Brooklyn.
- Age: 37
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Alyssa Milano was born in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn and she lived there until her family moved to Staten Island.
- Age: 43
- Birthplace: New York City, USA, Bensonhurst, New York
- Jennifer Connelly was raised in Brooklyn Heights. She also lived in Brooklyn with her husband Paul Bettany and their children, but they moved from the house because they thought it was haunted.
- Age: 49
- Birthplace: Cairo, New York, United States of America
- Sarah Jessica Parker and her husband Matthew Broderick bought a town home in Brooklyn Heights.
- Age: 55
- Birthplace: Nelsonville, USA, Ohio