Celebrities who live in Malibu are a lucky bunch. Of all the famous people in California, those who have homes in Malibu get to live in one of the most in-demand locations for those seeking privacy and luxury. With pristine beaches, sprawling estates, and majestic mountains, it's no wonder that so many celebrities have homes in this Los Angeles County beach community. Malibu celebrity homes are some of the most beautiful in the area and can often only be accessed by private roads not open to the public. For these reason, several famous actors, actresses, musicians, and comedians have made this Southern California city their home.
Who is the most famous person who lives in Malibu? Angelina Jolie tops our list. The Mr. and Mrs. Smith star sold her Malibu home to Ellen Degeneres in 2012, for $12 million. Jennifer Aniston rented a Malibu home in 2005, following her divorce from Fight Club actor Brad Pitt. Halle Berry owns a beachside home in Malibu worth over $8.5 million. Other famous actresses who have lived in Malibu include Charlize Theron, Minnie Driver, and Goldie Hawn. Celebrity mansions in Malibu are abundant and some are even tiny houses.
If you're looking for the address of particular celebs, check out a map of the stars that can be found in Hollywood (legit?).
Why do you think Malibu is popular with so many celebrities?
- Leonardo DiCaprio owned a beachside Malibu property which he sold in 2013 for $17.3 million.
- Age: 45
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, USA, California
- Miley Cyrus lived in Malibu when she was filming "Hannah Montana."
- Age: 27
- Birthplace: Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
- Jack Nicholson owns a 2,313 square foot home in Malibu.
- Age: 83
- Birthplace: Neptune City, New Jersey, United States of America
- Ellen Degeneres purchased her Malibu home from Angelina Jolie in 2012, for $12 million.
- Age: 62
- Birthplace: Metairie, Louisiana, United States of America