Studying the violin takes hard work, dedication and tons of practice. Not surprisingly, tons of talented celebrities have the ability to play the violin beautifully. Some of these stars learned to play the violin when they were growing up, while others learned to play for film roles. One famous “SNL” alum even knows how to play the violin!
Who is the most famous person that can play the violin? Meryl Streep tops our list. Meryl Streep learned to play the violin for the 1999 film Music of the Heart. Renowned scientist, Albert Einstein, started playing violin at age five, but he reportedly didn't fall in love with the instrument until he discovered the violin sonatas of Mozart when he was 15. Likewise, French actress and dancer Juliette Binoche learned to play the violin for the 1998 film Alice et Martin.
Ana Gasteyer, SNL alum and violinist, says, "I played violin from the age of five and I had an ear from a really early age." Leader of the Nation of Islam, Louis Farrakhan, first learned to play the violin when he was six years old. By the time he was 13, he had played with the Boston College Orchestra and the Boston Civic Symphony. Larry Fine of The Three Stooges learned to play the violin at an early age as well. He was seen playing the violin in several Stooges' skits.Are you surprised that so many celebs play the violin? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Meryl Streep learned to play the violin for the 1999 film "Music of the Heart."
- Age: 71
- Birthplace: Summit, New Jersey, USA
- Albert Einstein started playing violin at age five, but he reportedly didn't fall in love with the instrument until he discovered the violin sonatas of Mozart when he was 15.
- Age: Dec. at 76 (1879-1955)
- Birthplace: Eurasia, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, Ulm
- Charlie Chaplin taught himself to play the piano, violin, and cello.
- Age: Dec. at 88 (1889-1977)
- Birthplace: Walworth, United Kingdom
- Thomas Jefferson played the cello and the violin. He used to play duets with his wife Martha who played the piano.
- Age: Dec. at 83 (1743-1826)
- Birthplace: Shadwell, Virginia, United States of America